BBC Radio 1

I see Greg James has signed a new contract with the station, hopefully means he still has a few years on the breakfast show
[-] The following 2 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • JMT1985, Reith85

Unsurprisingly, Jordan has just been announced as Roman's replacement.

He's on the show right now.

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like mark's post:
  • AndrewP, DJ Dave

Radio 1 has fallen victim to the sex noise prank:
twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, Toby brown

(21-02-2024, 11:10 AM)Josh Wrote:  Radio 1 has fallen victim to the sex noise prank:
twitter.com 

Honestly this prank is getting old now. It wasn’t even that funny in the first place but now it’s just ridiculous.
[-] The following 5 users Like tvfan123!'s post:
  • ACTV, AndrewP, callumwatchestelly, CATV, Frances

(20-02-2024, 11:32 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I've known it happen a couple of times, one a presenter who left a news programme for its direct rival. They weren't even let back in the building after handing in their notice.

The other worked for a facilities place in Soho, nothing particularly notable job-wise, he handed in his notice to go to a rival down the road
Immediate gardening leave, barely allowed to say goodbye to colleagues.

It happens

I'm pretty certain that in her final edition of BBC Breakfast in early 2014, hardly any reference was made to the fact that it was Susanna Reid's last appearance on the Breakfast sofa - before she began her period of "gardening leave" ahead of her transfer to ITV and Good Morning Britain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reith85's post:
  • UTVLifer

(21-02-2024, 10:07 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  I'm pretty certain that in her final edition of BBC Breakfast in early 2014, hardly any reference was made to the fact that it was Susanna Reid's last appearance on the Breakfast sofa - before she began her period of "gardening leave" ahead of her transfer to ITV and Good Morning Britain.

The one I always remember was when Natasha Kaplinsky moved to Five, she presented the Six the same day and was given a rather low key send off by Dermot Murnaghan (don't know if he was scheduled that day already or whether they were reunited to send her off). Of course Dermot announced he was leaving a few weeks later but he stayed on Breakfast until the end of the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like JLav25's post:
  • lookoutwales, Reith85

Vick Hope on Countdown next week so bound to be the odd out of date reference to her working with Jordan North considering the guest spots now seem to basically be an interview across the week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, Nobby, Toby brown

(20-02-2024, 11:42 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It'll be partly that, although I'm sure like others who've left for Global or Bauer he'd be professional enough not to promote his new employers on air, nor slag off his current one. It's not a DLT problem, nor a Danny Baker situation where he's unhappy with the management

The problem will be more to do with confidentiality and competition. The longer he's at Radio 1 the more he'll know about what the station's got coming up in the next 6 months.... what their promotions will be, any special programmes coming up. Think of the next Greg James stunt for example, they'll be thinking about that now and they won't want their rivals breakfast show host knowing when it is or what they're doing.

With my two examples above it was the same... The news presenter worked in a newsroom where items were being planned for the next 6 months. My friend who worked in Soho dealt with customers, they didn't want the contacts taken over or him telling them where he was going

People in broadcasting often know what their rivals are doing anyway.

I found it interesting that Dan Walker's departure from BBC Breakfast to 5 News was handled well with little to no gardening leave.

www.mirror.co.uk 

Tabloids are running with this story from an unknown source, that Jordan has been trying to leave for a little while (presumably since it was first reported that Roman was planning on leaving last Autumn), and the BBC were desperate for him to stay until he formally quit and was then let go with immediate effect.
[-] The following 2 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer