BBC Radio 1

How did they avoid setting off the emergency tape? I remember back in the Chris Moyles days when they deliberately try to set it off but still seemingly had enough background noise to prevent it being activated (only for Chris to play a jingle in order to scare one of his co-hosts).
[-] The following 4 users Like Larry the Loafer's post:
  • ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice, W1ll

Let the engineers know what is going on and they can disable the silence detection.

The bigger question is how they stopped the transmitters shutting down
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chaose, ethanjbrady, insert_good_username_here

Here's when Radio 1 came back

up.metropol247.co.uk 

Personally it would have been even funnier if after a few seconds "Against The Clock" or "Space Travel" faded in  Wink

(21-07-2023, 01:54 PM)AvroVulcanXH607 Wrote:  Personally it would have been even funnier if after a few seconds "Against The Clock" or "Space Travel" faded in  Wink

The theme tune for the Giant DJ Hunt is very good though. Not sure if it's specially commissioned or library but good nonetheless.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(21-07-2023, 12:18 PM)Joe Wrote:  Bless you, the whole thing is on purpose! It's all planned. But yes, good fun.

I'd agree to the extent of them obviously wanting the 'will they or won't they' finish, though I don't think the behind the scenes plan was to fall off air regardless.

For those interested, it was a larger boat that slowed down the speed boat Greg was on, as they had to give way, plus a signature that was needed for Greg to go onto the boat to chase after Mollie King, so only left 2 and bit minutes to get to her.
[-] The following 4 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • benzj, Frances, insert_good_username_here, interestednovice

A podcast explaining how it all came together.

audioboom.com 
[-] The following 8 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • fanoftv, Happy2001, iloveTV1, interestednovice, Josh, Steve in Pudsey, thePineapple, Toby brown

For anyone who is interested, I have uploaded all 5 days of the Giant DJ Hunt onto OneDrive. Feel free to have a listen, or download them.

1drv.ms 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 8 users Like BBI45's post:
  • Happy2001, iloveTV1, interestednovice, Josh, LouBlu08, Roger Darthwell, thePineapple, TVFan

radiotoday.co.uk 

I think Radio 1 really rate Charlie Hedges. She wasn't the first found on the DJ hunt by accident, basically co-hosting the week with Greg.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Toby brown