Programme/Movie Openers and Endboards

Hey everyone, i've just found this which is from Goggle Watch on CITV from 1997 (at around 44:46): www.youtube.com 

Must be a very rare example of an LWT production for CITV. I do remember that show, there was a lengthy breakdown in one episode, including the video playing backwards for a few seconds after it came back. Basically replaced regular CITV continuity for the week.

(17-01-2023, 03:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Must be a very rare example of an LWT production for CITV. I do remember that show, there was a lengthy breakdown in one episode, including the video playing backwards for a few seconds after it came back. Basically replaced regular CITV continuity for the week.

OK then. Oh i almost forgot, here's this as well (at around 1:04:58 with the addition of the United Film & Television Productions and 1996 Meridian logo): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud711s9u2Gk

Maybe take screenshots so that we don't need to watch videos that are over an hour long?

Also, 1996 logo? Meridian had the same logo from it's launch in 1993 until the 2002 ITV1 generic idents launched.

I presume that mean 1996 endcap, as they doubtlessly changed the design a few times.

I screenshotted the time mark in Michael Kenchington's post, and, well look at all these fingers in this production!
[Image: XVdzz1D.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Former Member 406, Ma76

Looks like they used LWT and Meridian's idents, and Media Merchants, United, and Scottish's endcaps. Though perhaps Scottish should've been represented by their ident too, as that endcap reads A Scottish Television Enterprises Programme, which is immediately followed by Programme for ITV at the bottom! Had they used the ident, it would've just said Scottish Television, and not had the redundant instance of the word Programme.

I'd say LWT designed this composite as that text at the bottom matches what their own endcap used at the time.

Hey everyone, i think there's three versions of the 1989 Central for ITV endcaps:

Version 1 (1989-1993): www.youtube.com 

Version 2 (1989 or 1990? to 1995): www.youtube.com 

Version 3: (1993 or 1994?): www.youtube.com 

I will admit I'm intrigued by that "Columbia TriStar Central Production" (which is on the end of an 1994 episode of The Upper Hand).

According to a comment on that YouTube video "Columbia TriStar Central Productions was a joint venture between Columbia TriStar Television (created by the merger of Columbia Pictures Television and TriStar Television) and Central Independent Television" and its a relatively rare endcap which apparently only appears on about three programmes, one of which is the later series of The Upper Hand.

TUH was a remake of Who's The Boss which was (by the time Central picked it up) being made by Columbia Pictures Television, though I believe its now fallen under Sony.

Re the other endcaps - definitely seen more than three, but that was more of a standard. Depended on the source of the programme. IIRC it was different for an imported programme (that they presented) rather than they made.

The first version was probably made by the design company probably why the central cake isn’t as well rendered, the grey part isn’t right, the other two was the proper central cake.