BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

Under to hotel 

BBC Henry Wood House ….
6 floors plus reception on the ground floor
When I worked they’re in mid 1970s it was Engineering HQ 6th floor
And Studio Capital projects SCPD .. tv studios sound OB and lighting and mechanical
And I think some Vt and film May be…
The  transmitter Capital projects TCPD …. Were on lower floors say 1,2,3
(SCPD moved to Woodlands W12 and TCPD to Warwick) 

BBC exited from it some  years ago  and it now looks rather posh
architizer.com 

www.offices.co.uk 

The view from the bar at the top of the hotel is very good ….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Technologist's post:
  • Mort

I caught the end of Dermot's show. He said it was the last at Wogan House. Is his showing moving over the road to New Broadcasting House and are they sharing studios with Radio 1/1Xtra?
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • UTVLifer

(02-12-2023, 11:53 AM)m_in_m Wrote:  I caught the end of Dermot's show. He said it was the last at Wogan House. Is his showing moving over the road to New Broadcasting House and are they sharing studios with Radio 1/1Xtra?

They’re moving to the 8th floor along with 6Music in new purpose built studios.

(02-12-2023, 12:10 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  They’re moving to the 8th floor along with 6Music in new purpose built studios.

Have any programmes moved yet or is this the first?

(02-12-2023, 12:22 PM)m_in_m Wrote:  Have any programmes moved yet or is this the first?

Scott Mills now broadcasts from 82Mills, the studio he used to do his Radio 1 show in and that was renamed in his honour when he left.
[-] The following 4 users Like Ash101's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey, Toby brown, TVfan23, UTVLifer

It makes sense from a certain perspective to share studios between all four networks, but the number of occasions when there have been decampments between buildings (evacuations, power cuts, planned maintenance, faults) you do wonder whether finding space in a different part of the complex for R2 might have been prudent rather than the same floor as Radio 1 so any incident would affect both operations.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

I know Michael Ball has said that his show is relocating to Maida Vale for a few weeks in the next couple of weeks, so I don't think the new studios are quite ready yet.
[-] The following 1 user Likes South's post:
  • UTVLifer

(02-12-2023, 12:10 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  They’re moving to the 8th floor along with 6Music in new purpose built studios.

I thought 6Music was in Salford these days.

(02-12-2023, 05:12 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I thought 6Music was in Salford these days.

It's split between Salford and London, I believe part of this plan will see more content come from Salford, but there will still be some content from Broadcasting House.

What is happening to Wogan House then?