BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

(02-12-2023, 05:52 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What is happening to Wogan House then?

It’s being decommissioned and sold off.

Will something else be dedicated to Sir Terry's memory?

(02-12-2023, 08:46 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Will something else be dedicated to Sir Terry's memory?

I don’t work at the Beeb, so I’m not sure. Any information I’ve provided is from working at the radio indies (Somethin’ Else and TBI Media)

Have I dreamt it or have they not just revamped the Radio 2 studios?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • DeMarkay

(02-12-2023, 09:11 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Have I dreamt it or have they not just revamped the Radio 2 studios?

They most certainly have  Big Grin

(02-12-2023, 05:12 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I thought 6Music was in Salford these days.
Some of it is. Some of it always was of course  but they've increased the amount coming from there in the last few years, the afternoon show being a good example, now from Salford

The announcement was made a couple of years ago that it would be managed from Salford, so the Wogan House closure will be part of that.

(02-12-2023, 09:11 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Have I dreamt it or have they not just revamped the Radio 2 studios?
They have, but that project started long before the decision to close the building. I know there's still some work to do before the building closes so the fact that some programmes are moving out now might be because the new studios are being moved over to BH. Just a guess
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Spencer

(02-12-2023, 10:15 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Some of it is. Some of it always was of course  but they've increased the amount coming from there in the last few years, the afternoon show being a good example, now from Salford

The announcement was made a couple of years ago that it would be managed from Salford, so the Wogan House closure will be part of that.

They have, but that project started long before the decision to close the building. I know there's still some work to do before the building closes so the fact that some programmes are moving out now might be because the new studios are being moved over to BH. Just a guess

What numbering of studios will be for when they move into BH?  It could be in the 20s?

(02-12-2023, 06:01 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  It’s being decommissioned and sold off.

I guess that also means the end of the road for the BBC Club in the same building - I think leaving Elstree as the only BBC site with its own bar. (Not that there's a shortage of other places for a pint near BH.)

(03-12-2023, 08:17 PM)thegeek Wrote:  I guess that also means the end of the road for the BBC Club in the same building - I think leaving Elstree as the only BBC site with its own bar. (Not that there's a shortage of other places for a pint near BH.)

Rumours have been flying around that BBC want to sell off part of their Elstree site, which includes their large Studio D - if that happens, that means another big TV studio to bite the dust, especially since Stages 8 and 9 at Elstree are out of action and are to be demolished.

(03-12-2023, 08:42 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Rumours have been flying around that BBC want to sell off part of their Elstree site, which includes their large Studio D - if that happens, that means another big TV studio to bite the dust, especially since Stages 8 and 9 at Elstree are out of action and are to be demolished.

Maidstone will be rubbing its hands together if that happens.