BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

(03-12-2023, 07:19 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  What numbering of studios will be for when they move into BH?  It could be in the 20s?
Not sure what you mean, they're not numbered consecutively, but by floor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • London Lite

So it looks like the big move is almost over. According to socials the last moving day from Wogan house will likely be on the 19th February. Studio 6B in Wogan house has now been decommissioned. So Sad so much history gone especially with Maida Vale going to.

Radio 2 and 6Music will be broadcasting from four brand new studios on Level 8 of NBH. The area where the new studios are was office space. The new studios will be opposite to the current Radio 1 studios. Looks like Radio 2 studio design is black walls with the box led lights with TV overlaid. Very much how the refurbed studios at Wogan house looked. Studio names are 82L, 82M & 82N.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CATV's post:
  • chrisherald

Found the image that I saw earlier of the new Radio 2 Studio.  

pbs.twimg.com 
Web Image

Source: twitter.com 
  • chrisherald

Here's the studio used for 6 Music Breakfast
twitter.com 
  • chrisherald

And also from Clare 'I'm Clare Runacres' Runacres....

twitter.com 
  • chrisherald

What's the plan for Wogan House?

(08-02-2024, 02:21 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What's the plan for Wogan House?
A company called 'Landmark Spaces' is taking over the lease from the BBC. At which point the building name will change from 'Wogan House' to simply '99 Great Portland Street'.
Ref: www.standard.co.uk 

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 3 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, RhysJR

6Music new studio looks like the smaller Radio 1 studios. Guess it makes them more flexible.

A sad sight, A gutted Studio 6B
twitter.com 

I did not know the BBC did not own the building. Makes sense why they moved now. Still sad.
  • chrisherald

Are there plans for a replacement honour for Sir Terry? 7 years is hardly a lasting tribute.
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • chrisherald, interestednovice, Spencer

(08-02-2024, 02:40 PM)Keith Wrote:  A company called 'Landmark Spaces' is taking over the lease from the BBC. At which point the building name will change from 'Wogan House' to simply '99 Great Portland Street'.
Ref: www.standard.co.uk 

It will probably be turned into luxury offices like the previous BBC building over the road.

In terms of the another tribute? I guess it depends if TW ever broadcast from somewhere in the remaining buildings?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 237's post:
  • chrisherald