BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

I suppose also the studios can be set up with the correct branding for visual radio. Take this from a few weeks back. Scott Mills was doing his show from 82Mills. Clear mash up of radio 1 branding just doused in orange.

Watch more content recommended just for you. vm.tiktok.com 

I wouldn't be surprised if the aim is to put LED Screens in all the radio studios so eventually it gives the BBC flexibility to change branding depending on what studio they are in.
[-] The following 2 users Like ConorW2000's post:
  • benzj, interestednovice

Gary Davies started Pick of The Pops today saying he was live from Wogan House. Normally POTP is recorded so I wonder if it was from there through necessity of needing a studio or whether it was because of Steve Wright.

So presumably that will be the last programme from the building. Incidently I think Claudia Winkleman's show (with Emma Wilis) was also from there this morning

Tony Blackburn tweeted a video of one of the new studios today.
x.com 

(17-02-2024, 09:18 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Gary Davies started Pick of The Pops today saying he was live from Wogan House. Normally POTP is recorded so I wonder if it was from there through necessity of needing a studio or whether it was because of Steve Wright.

So presumably that will be the last programme from the building. Incidently I think Claudia Winkleman's show (with Emma Wilis) was also from there this morning

I believe Gambo's show tonight is the final one from Wogan House.

(18-02-2024, 08:30 PM)NickyBoy Wrote:  I believe Gambo's show tonight is the final one from Wogan House.

Yup - Gambo himself posted a little tribute on Insta earlier.

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • UTVLifer

That desk in the new studio seems massive, do they need so many channels?

And how apt - with a little tongue-in-cheek - that the final song played from Wogan House was…

The Floral Dance.

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 3 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • bilky asko, Happy2001, RhysJR

(18-02-2024, 09:26 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  That desk in the new studio seems massive, do they need so many channels?

Looks like 30 channels on the surface (but likely to have at least 1 virtual/secondary layer) - 18 on the left and another 12 on the right.

My guess is 6 Outside Sources, 4 telephone lines, a couple of ISDN/VOIP lines, and 6 microphones on the left console. And on the right we can see the right-most faders are open at unity gain, which would imply they're output faders - so I suspect one for mic group, one for replay group, one for OS group, one for record out, and maybe one for studio out (though I hate this practice of including faders for outputs, especially your main out). That leaves about 6 for the playout system - probably 4 main channels and 2 cart/sound effect type channels.
[-] The following 2 users Like bbctvtechop's post:
  • DeMarkay, Steve in Pudsey

(19-02-2024, 08:43 AM)bbctvtechop Wrote:  Looks like 30 channels on the surface (but likely to have at least 1 virtual/secondary layer) - 18 on the left and another 12 on the right.

My guess is 6 Outside Sources, 4 telephone lines, a couple of ISDN/VOIP lines, and 6 microphones on the left console. And on the right we can see the right-most faders are open at unity gain, which would imply they're output faders - so I suspect one for mic group, one for replay group, one for OS group, one for record out, and maybe one for studio out (though I hate this practice of including faders for outputs, especially your main out). That leaves about 6 for the playout system - probably 4 main channels and 2 cart/sound effect type channels.
Presumably the studios and kit have been standardised, so that they can be used by another programme or station in future if needed. Certainly having the station logo on a screen instead of a physical logo on the wall makes it easier to change, as well as ensuring it's in shot of any cameras if a section is recorded on camera for use online/elsewhere. Similarly the orange lighting that presumably signifies Radio 2 feels like it could be fairly easily changed if needed, as in that background you can see green lighting from another radio studio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.