BBC Radio 2 and 6 Music are to leave Wogan House

(20-02-2024, 03:34 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The new Wave studio looks great, but is it really a good idea to have the lighting for the whole room change according to whether the mic is live?

I really like the idea, but imagine having to spend 4 hours every morning in a room that's lit with either green or red lighting Confused
I can't imagine that it's particularly good on the eyes for looking at screens, though presumably they've done a H&S risk assessment on that. By contrast the BBC Radio 2 studio still has white 'office lights', with the coloured lighting just on the walls.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice

The sign from the outside of Wogan House has been given to Terry's son...
twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, Bungo Bill, ethanjbrady, JamieMurph25, Jeff, Ma76, RhysJR, UTVLifer

I hadn't realised just how close Wogan House is to Broadcasting House, I assumed it was a few blocks away like Yalding was.

When people have discussed the likes of Scott Mills and Vanessa Feltz double shifting on Radio 2 and a BH based station in the past it's probably no further away than other parts of BH.
[-] The following 7 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, AndrewP, ethanjbrady, London Lite, Ma76, RhysJR, Toby brown

I know it's an odd question but does anyone know what happened to Elton John piano that was in BBC Wogan House?

Isn't it at Maida Vale? That's where the "piano room" has been from lately.

Radio 1 new music show comes from a new studio set up at Maida Vale. I guess this is where equipment from Wogan house went? Made it look like Radio 2 new studio.

I believe today is/was the first day Vernon Kay is coming from a new studio in Broadcasting House, based on comments he made to Jeremy Vine at the start of the week.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • UTVLifer

(17-04-2024, 11:46 AM)Keith Wrote:  I believe today is/was the first day Vernon Kay is coming from a new studio in Broadcasting House, based on comments he made to Jeremy Vine at the start of the week.

Indeed, they posted a Instagram reel last night of Vernon packing a box for the move from Maida Vale to NBH

www.instagram.com 

I had no idea his show came from Maida Vale, I always assumed the building was entirely limited to live performance. Does anyone know yet if any other shows will be coming from Stratford when that opens (logos are now on the building fyi!) or if that will really will just be music studios.

(17-04-2024, 02:06 PM)gottago Wrote:  I had no idea his show came from Maida Vale, I always assumed the building was entirely limited to live performance. Does anyone know yet if any other shows will be coming from Stratford when that opens (logos are now on the building fyi!) or if that will really will just be music studios.
Maida Vale was just a stop-gap for Vernon (and various other shows including Steve Wright's) as Radio 2 were transitioning away from Wogan House I think but there is a full desk setup there.

Can be seen here.
www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like TVViewer256's post:
  • gottago, UTVLifer