Global radio brands

There are some logos that really need updating once in a while, but Heart and LBC have timeless designs.

Compare the current LBC logo which is an adaption of the 2003 Chrysalis design to what the station used during GWR/ITN ownership.

[Image: LBC_1996a.png]

[Image: LBC_2000.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

To be fair the first LBC one there looks a lot more modern than the Capital FM from the time and pretty much inline with others at the time. The second is a bit poor though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Rijowhi

A new Global station, Capital Chill, launched this morning on the Sound Digital national DAB multiplex…

radiotoday.co.uk 

I presume this is using some of the space created when the Jack stations left the mux last year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • ACTV, JoshieTrue

Is that the same Chill that's been around for a long while? It was an obscure brand from early DAB that Global ended up with but didn't do much with.

Or did that become Smooth Chill?

(13-02-2023, 01:25 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Is that the same Chill that's been around for a long while? It was an obscure brand from early DAB that Global ended up with but didn't do much with.

The original Chill is Smooth Chill, this is a slightly different format.

www.capitalfm.com 

Does anybody remember Core? When I first got a digital radio, I used to listen to the American chart show with Ryan Seacrest on that.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • fusionlad

(13-02-2023, 01:42 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 01:25 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Is that the same Chill that's been around for a long while? It was an obscure brand from early DAB that Global ended up with but didn't do much with.

The original Chill is Smooth Chill, this is a slightly different format.

Yes, this station looks to be following a similar format to BBC Radio 1 Relax.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(13-02-2023, 02:14 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Does anybody remember Core? When I first got a digital radio, I used to listen to the American chart show with Ryan Seacrest on that.

Absolutely. Along with Capital Life.

(13-02-2023, 05:48 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 02:14 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Does anybody remember Core? When I first got a digital radio, I used to listen to the American chart show with Ryan Seacrest on that.

Absolutely. Along with Capital Life.

Core. Fresh hits for the UK

Core was one of two stations from GWR which launched on the Digital One multiplex in November 1999. It was a top 40 station which used presenters from local GWR stations to voice track links between the songs.

The other was Planet Rock which again used presenters from GWR stations. That station still continues to this day and is now owned by Bauer who moved it to the Sound Digital multiplex.