Global radio brands

"Chill" seems to be the order of the day over at Global. As well as the spin-off stations for Smooth and Capital, Radio X recently launched a "chilled" strand in the evenings, and Classic FM expanded theirs.

I'm looking forward to hearing how they manage to make "LBC Chilled" work.
[-] The following 3 users Like ptikobj's post:
  • ethanjbrady, Rijowhi, Spencer

(15-02-2023, 12:20 PM)ptikobj Wrote:  I'm looking forward to hearing how they manage to make "LBC Chilled" work.

I'm now imagining Nick Ferrari doing ASMR. Put me off my lunch.  Big Grin

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 4 users Like BBI45's post:
  • London Lite, nareik91, ptikobj, western

(15-02-2023, 12:20 PM)ptikobj Wrote:  I'm looking forward to hearing how they manage to make "LBC Chilled" work.

A station full of good news stories to lift your heart.

Non-stop orchestral & slower versions of the jingles 24/7. Featuring orchestral & slowed down versions of the Heart, Capital & Gold jingles thrown in for good measure. If LBC Chilled was this, count me in!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AaronLancs's post:
  • BBI45

A new radio station from Global!

radiotoday.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • JoshieTrue, Roger Darthwell

(16-02-2023, 10:40 AM)DeMarkay Wrote:  A new radio station from Global!

radiotoday.co.uk 

Goodness me! Global is launching station after station......I am very impressed!

Could there be a third new station in the pipeline?

I’m guessing they must have bought the space previously occupied by the three Jack stations on SDL, so assuming the new stations are using a similar bitrate, there’s probably space for another.

Another Radio X spin-off would make sense if they want to position it as more of a rival to the extensive Absolute brand. The launch of Radio X Classic Rock does feel rather like they’re parking their tanks on Absolute’s lawn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spencer's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(16-02-2023, 06:58 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Could there be a third new station in the pipeline?

I’m guessing they must have bought the space previously occupied by the three Jack stations on SDL, so assuming the new stations are using a similar bitrate, there’s probably space for another.

Another Radio X spin-off would make sense if they want to position it as more of a rival to the extensive Absolute brand. The launch of Radio X Classic Rock does feel rather like they’re parking their tanks on Absolute’s lawn.
I guess the thinking is Radio X has kind of got the larger potential audience now, with having two FM licences compared Absolute having given up their Analogue presence , although I think X is DAB+ only and Absolute is regular DAB. It makes sense to try and overtake it as a brand.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Spencer

(15-02-2023, 01:14 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  

I'm now imagining Nick Ferrari doing ASMR. Put me off my lunch.  Big Grin

Along with Steve Allen overnights.

(16-02-2023, 06:58 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Could there be a third new station in the pipeline?

The three spaces are taken,

Capital Xtra Reloaded
Capital Chill
Radio X Classic Rock