Irish TV News Discussion 2.0

(21-11-2022, 03:36 PM)MLehon Wrote:  In vision Morning Ireland on RTE News (channel) and RTE Radio 1 this morning came from a new brighter studio which has in recent weeks been used for the Sunday lunchtime programme This Week also broadcast on both channels. All involved were presenting in the same studio with head on camera shots synchronised with the appropriate microphone.  Until recently some main presenters were still working from home.  Certainly an improvement which indicates a committment to the TV News Channel.

Yes it’s a lovely studio and much more suited for TV simulcasting. Hopefully the horrible old black studio with the faulty flickering Morning Ireland logo screen will be consigned to history.
[-] The following 2 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, MLehon

(21-11-2022, 03:48 PM)AJB39 Wrote:  Yes it’s a lovely studio and much more suited for TV simulcasting. Hopefully the horrible old black studio with the faulty flickering Morning Ireland logo screen will be consigned to history.

Hopefully the BBC will be investing in a similar calibre studio for their forthcoming radio-TV simulcasts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DTV's post:
  • bkman1990

As Eileen Dunne is now retired from RTÉ News; how will the presenting roles for the Nine O'Clock News unfold in future?

If Sharon Ní Bheoláin is still the full-time presenter of Crimecall once a month along with presenting the Nine O'Clock News every second week; someone else would have to cover one Monday night bulletin a month when Sharon is presenting Crimecall.

Who would be a suitable candidate doing that job when she is presenting Crimecall on a monthly basis if it sticks with the rotationary basis for the Nine O'Clock News?

If I have to put in candidates for it; I could have Ray Kennedy, Vivienne Traynor, Sharon Tobin or Kate Egan for presenting the Nine O'Clock News.

I have contacted RTE about the possibility of providing Morning Ireland on RTE One - the reply that I received told me that this was an "interesting option" and that this idea will be shared with "senior RTE staff".

Now, I am used to PR speak, and I don't understand why RTE will not move this programme to RTE One - it would make a perfect addition, and indeed it would be a stable addition, on air every weekday morning from 7am to 9am.
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990

(21-11-2022, 10:12 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  As Eileen Dunne is now retired from RTÉ News; how will the presenting roles for the Nine O'Clock News unfold in future?

If Sharon Ní Bheoláin is still the full-time presenter of Crimecall once a month along with presenting the Nine O'Clock News every second week; someone else would have to cover one Monday night bulletin a month when Sharon is presenting Crimecall.

Who would be a suitable candidate doing that job when she is presenting Crimecall on a monthly basis if it sticks with the rotationary basis for the Nine O'Clock News?

If I have to put in candidates for it; I could have Ray Kennedy, Vivienne Traynor, Sharon Tobin or Kate Egan for presenting the Nine O'Clock News.
I think Ray Kennedy should get the job if Sharon Ní Bheoláin doesn’t take over the Nine bulletin on her own. He’s an excellent newscaster and has more then earned the role at this stage. I think Kate Egan should then take over the weekend bulletins. She’s very good also and is a bit lost just doing the weekend morning radio slots and the 5 minute weekend lunchtime TV bulletins.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AJB39's post:
  • Superman1986

RTÉ News and Current Affairs have bought themselves new laptops that will be used for the news bulletins in Studio 3. They are being used for the Six One News tonight. It appears that they are not Microsoft Surface devices though. They do look very nice. They do have a blue coloured RTÉ News logo stuck on them behind the laptop screen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • Superman1986

Áine Lally of Nuacht TG4 has been appointed as the new communications manager for TG4.

https://www.tg4.ie/en/information/press/press-releases/2022-2/aine-lally-appointed-as-tg4s-communications-manager/

She will begin her new role in January.

I only watched her doing a bulletin on Nuacht RTÉ le TG4 a few days ago. This new role with the broadcaster is a big move for her. I would assume that now she has this new job. She will no longer present Nuacht anymore?

About to watch a RTÉ News update in my home in County Antrim and it says “ This Programme is not available”. has this happened to anyone else?
[-] The following 2 users Like Superman1986's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

News2Day will celebrate it's 20th anniversary this Friday.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0116/1349005-news2day/
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Katie Hannon will be a guest tonight on The Late Late Show with Ryan Tubridy. She will be chatting to Ryan about her new current affairs series 'Upfront with Katie Hannon' which will begin on Monday night on RTÉ One.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, Superman1986