Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

(27-03-2023, 10:16 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Oh gosh, it's quite astonishing that the Mass shooting of children (9yrs and under) by a woman has not made to the top stories on the 'Ten'. It's a huge story. Usually so because of the age of the victims. It's also huge because a woman committed the atrocity.

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

As an avid watcher of the BBC NAT - since Paul Royall left to take care of the new BBC News service - its pots and pans. A terrible choice of running order tonight.

The news is breaking in the last few minutes that the shooter is trans. FOX "News" will have a field day with that angle of the story.

twitter.com 

(27-03-2023, 10:16 PM)Newsroom Wrote:  Oh gosh, it's quite astonishing that the Mass shooting of children (9yrs and under) by a woman has not made to the top stories on the 'Ten'. It's a huge story. Usually so because of the age of the victims. It's also huge because a woman committed the atrocity.

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

As an avid watcher of the BBC NAT - since Paul Royall left to take care of the new BBC News service - its pots and pans. A terrible choice of running order tonight.

I think this might be a deliberate side effect of the merger - as UK becomes essentially stripped of a dedicated national news channel from the BBC, they might want to compensate for that by making network bulletins, including the 10, more UK-focused.

(27-03-2023, 10:40 PM)oscillon Wrote:  

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

I think this might be a deliberate side effect of the merger - as UK becomes essentially stripped of a dedicated national news channel from the BBC, they might want to compensate for that by making network bulletins, including the 10, more UK-focused.
I disagree on this one.

Paul Royall was the best editor of the 6 and 10 there ever was, certainly in the digital age. I've no idea who's sitting in his chair while he's trying to manage the almost impossible but whomever it is does not equate to his abilities.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

Sadly I think it would be more of a story if there *wasn’t* a school shooting in the US.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Moz's post:
  • octothorpe

(27-03-2023, 10:40 PM)oscillon Wrote:  I think this might be a deliberate side effect of the merger - as UK becomes essentially stripped of a dedicated national news channel from the BBC, they might want to compensate for that by making network bulletins, including the 10, more UK-focused.
It might be difficult to make some of the network bulletins more UK-focussed - the One and the Six typically average about 80-85% UK news, even the Ten is in the same two-thirds UK news bracket as the standard News channel hour used to be.

(27-03-2023, 11:06 PM)Moz Wrote:  

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

Sadly I think it would be more of a story if there *wasn’t* a school shooting in the US.
In Welsh or English - what do you mean ? 

This story is a rarity for what is now a number of reasons. What do you mean? I don't follow?

I'm trying to avoid any chat on speculation.

(27-03-2023, 10:36 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  The news is breaking in the last few minutes that the shooter is trans.
BBC (specifically, Annita McVeigh) when referring to the shooter in third person this morning kept using "they" pronoun (usually utilized for non-binary persons).

UPD. Shaun Ley acknowledged on air that there is still a confusion about the shooter's gender and what pronouns are to be used.

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

The shooting made the top story on tonight's Ten.

They went with

1. SNP
2. Israel
3. Harry

It probably merited going third ahead of Prince Harry but you can’t seriously suggest the election of Scotland’s first new FM in nearly a decade and near-political collapse in a Middle East tinderbox don’t deserve to be at the top of the bulletin?

The shooting was well-covered yesterday and today and - like it or not - kids being gunned down in the US is very sadly not a rare event.
[-] The following 11 users Like leewilliams's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, CF1, chaose, chris, Frances, GMc, Jeff, London Lite, Transmission, UTVLifer

Also, you will be suprised to learn that the Nashville school shooting was only second in Monday's World News America either, with Israel being the top story.
[-] The following 1 user Likes oscillon's post:
  • UTVLifer
Thread Closed