Formula One

Viaplay has stroke a deal with Talpa in the Netherlands to air some of its F1 races through FTA, alongside darts and football. SBS9 is to be renamed as Viaplay TV as a result.
nos.nl 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • RhysJR

I've just had an issue while watching the Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying Highlights on the Channel 4 website. The show didn't air the whole way through on the website. The maximum length of the show on it was set at 1 hour and 1 minute. I thought that was the whole length of the show. However the issue happened when it cut out somewhere near the end of the show when Billy Monger & Mark Webber were giving their analysis to Steve Jones about the drivers who didn't finish in the top 3 for the race later today.

It just cut off and gone onto a description window with the Play button for another random non F1 show listed on their website.

It's a very strange one really. It's the first time that I had watched some of the F1 highlights get cut off abruptly on there.

Didn't anyone get the same issue when watching the highlights show on the Channel 4 phone app?

(07-04-2024, 12:10 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  I've just had an issue while watching the Japanese Grand Prix Qualifying Highlights on the Channel 4 website. The show didn't air the whole way through on the website. The maximum length of the show on it was set at 1 hour and 1 minute. I thought that was the whole length of the show. However the issue happened when it cut out somewhere near the end of the show when Billy Monger & Mark Webber were giving their analysis to Steve Jones about the drivers who didn't finish in the top 3 for the race later today.

It just cut off and gone onto a description window with the Play button for another random non F1 show listed on their website.

It's a very strange one really. It's the first time that I had watched some of the F1 highlights get cut off abruptly on there.

Didn't anyone get the same issue when watching the highlights show on the Channel 4 phone app?

I had the same issue watching it on the Channel 4 app on my Fire Stick.

I'd have watched Sky's coverage but it still wasn't available on Now TV at gone 10pm last night.

(07-04-2024, 12:32 PM)dvboy Wrote:  I'd have watched Sky's coverage but it still wasn't available on Now TV at gone 10pm last night.

Ridiculous isn't it. I don't understand how they can get Ted's Notebook on so much quicker (it was there by 1100 yesterday) despite the fact the Notebook *starts* after the main programme finishes, and a good hour or so after the session itself finishes.

Because of this silliness, and the lack of any real time updates to Now's Live TV EPG, I nearly had the grand prix result spoilt this morning again since they only way to catch up for the first 36 hours is to catch a repeat, and delays cause the schedule to go to pot...

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • dvboy

Right, and because I missed this morning's replay and have plans later so can't catch the next one, I've ended up watching the race on C4 also.

Is F1 the only sport that Sky catch-up is hopeless, or is it a widespread thing? I've only really saw complaints about F1 tbh, though there are not many other of Sky's big sports (football, cricket etc.) where the event often takes place overnight UK time, so maybe that's why.

(07-04-2024, 01:40 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Ridiculous isn't it. I don't understand how they can get Ted's Notebook on so much quicker (it was there by 1100 yesterday) despite the fact the Notebook *starts* after the main programme finishes, and a good hour or so after the session itself finishes.

Because of this silliness, and the lack of any real time updates to Now's Live TV EPG, I nearly had the grand prix result spoilt this morning again since they only way to catch up for the first 36 hours is to catch a repeat, and delays cause the schedule to go to pot...

Notably Notebbok is also posted on YouTube, and is almost always on there quite promptly. That does come across as Sky prioritise satisfying their non-fee paying YouTube subscribers over their fee-paying ones, even if that as a strategy would barely make sense.

(07-04-2024, 04:30 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Is F1 the only sport that Sky catch-up is hopeless, or is it a widespread thing? I've only really saw complaints about F1 tbh, though there are not many other of Sky's big sports (football, cricket etc.) where the event often takes place overnight UK time, so maybe that's why.

I think it's across the board to be honest as tennis attracts the same complaints.

It seems the longer the programme is, the longer it takes to appear. The BBC used to have the same problem but they've fixed it as they upload live content in lower quality while the programme is going out, and then replace it with a higher quality recording later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR

(07-04-2024, 01:40 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Ridiculous isn't it. I don't understand how they can get Ted's Notebook on so much quicker (it was there by 1100 yesterday) despite the fact the Notebook *starts* after the main programme finishes, and a good hour or so after the session itself finishes.

The EPG was totally wrong on F1 channel on Sky as well. I think its the same data for Now they use for the Sky platforms, so if its wrong on one it'll be wrong on all of them.

I don't know why they bother having EPG schedules on live sports channels especially the F1 channel as they're only ever right if the event finishes on time. It only needs 1 red flag or copious yellow flag/safety car stints and the whole channel goes to crap for the rest of the day.

I think they were advertising "full race rerun" starting at 10:30 this morning, but tuned in and it was on lap 17... But how's anybody supposed to know whether that's the 1hr package or the full rerun?

Next year's calendar has been published. No new or departing races, but Bahrain and Saudi Arabia are back as Sunday Grands Prix. Australia is the first race of the season for the first time in a long while. With that in mind, it would be surprising if Sky had a threadbare presence at Albert Park again next year.

The British Grand Prix is on July 6th.

twitter.com 

Why is the race in Las Vegas taking place on Saturday night for 2025's calendar? Has it taken place on Saturday nights before?