Formula One

Formula 1 is launching a FAST channel in the US.

www.formula1.com 

EA Sports are releasing the official console/PC game of F124 on the 31st of May 2024.

www.youtube.com 

It appears that some interesting developments have come up in the official trailer.

David Croft's main in-game commentary been taken over by Alex Jacques from F1TV/Channel 4.

David Croft's voice is still heard near the end of the trailer.

Naomi Schiff makes an appearance in most of the trailer as well.

I believe this might be the first to have actually had development under the auspices of EA, rather than being Codemasters only with EA publishing - there's a lot of inertia in that setup, but EA teams have been slowly getting involved. I would imagine the bigger changes are yet to come, as they won't push hard to rewrite the engine if they don't need to, and the original staff are still working with them.

Former Head of Race Strategy at Sauber Ruth Buscombe joins the F1 TV team. She has been good value when I've heard her contributions on Radio 5 Live's coverage and other outlets through the early part of the year. Likewise Bernie Collins at Sky in the last year, who comes from a similar background in the sport.

www.formula1.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990

Ruth Buscombe joined Alex Jacques & James Hitchcliffe in the commentary for the Sprint Qualifying from Miami for the very first time on F1TV/Channel 4. She did a good job although she was not heard much throughout the short highlights programme on Channel 4.

The CA on Channel 4 London had made a little mistake before the highlights show begun. He did say to viewers that Lee McKenzie & Billy Monger were going to be on it. However; the show was actually presented by Alex Jacques from the commentary box in Miami. Lee McKenzie & Billy Monger didn't appear on it at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like bkman1990's post:
  • RhysJR, watchingtv

(Yesterday, 04:16 AM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Ruth Buscombe joined Alex Jacques & James Hitchcliffe in the commentary for the Sprint Qualifying from Miami for the very first time on F1TV/Channel 4. She did a good job although she was not heard much throughout the short highlights programme on Channel 4.

The CA on Channel 4 London had made a little mistake before the highlights show begun. He did say to viewers that Lee McKenzie & Billy Monger were going to be on it. However; the show was actually presented by Alex Jacques from the commentary box in Miami. Lee McKenzie & Billy Monger didn't appear on it at all.

And I believe this will be Channel 4's first weekend anchoring from the F1 Arcade in London.

twitter.com