Formula One

Worth noting that in lieu of this weekend's cancelled grand prix, the F1 YouTube channel is broadcasting some classic Imola races (and one from Monaco). Very reminiscent of lockdown...

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • WillPS

C4 just filled the hours with standard non-F1 weekend content. It's a shame that nowadays when such events are cancelled that broadcasters tend to revert to their day to day content rather than trying to schedule content which would appeal to the audience of the cancelled event.

(21-05-2023, 06:44 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  C4 just filled the hours with standard non-F1 weekend content.  It's a shame that nowadays when such events are cancelled that broadcasters tend to revert to their day to day content rather than trying to schedule content which would appeal to the audience of the cancelled event.

C4 are very limited by their contract with Sky - so I presume no F1 content was possible for them.

I suppose they could have shown some Formula E races tho, it has been a great season!

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(21-05-2023, 02:34 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(21-05-2023, 06:44 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  C4 just filled the hours with standard non-F1 weekend content.  It's a shame that nowadays when such events are cancelled that broadcasters tend to revert to their day to day content rather than trying to schedule content which would appeal to the audience of the cancelled event.

C4 are very limited by their contract with Sky - so I presume no F1 content was possible for them.

I suppose they could have shown some Formula E races tho, it has been a great season!
I was thinking more like the Guy Martin documentaries, any of their own F1 documentaries (they did a few early on IIRC) whilst they have a couple of films they regularly air, assuming they fit the slot and can air ore-watershed.

Who is doing the commentary for F1 TV this afternoon?

Is that commentary being simulcasted on Channel 4 at the moment? I've heard Alex Jacques making references to Channel 4 during the 1st practice session. I would have thought that the F1TV commentators like Jolyon Palmer would be on the practice sessions on Channel 4 today. But no sign of him so far.

James Hinchcliffe is also in Silverstone today. He was giving analysis on the F1 TV weekend warm-up show this morning.

Channel 4 is having some more technical issues this afternoon during their FP2 session. They tried to link up with Williams TP James Vowles. They had no audio between himself and Alex Jacques in the commentary box. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon.

(07-07-2023, 01:05 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Who is doing the commentary for F1 TV this afternoon?

Is that commentary being simulcasted on Channel 4 at the moment? I've heard Alex Jacques making references to Channel 4 during the 1st practice session. I would have thought that the F1TV commentators like Jolyon Palmer would be on the practice sessions on Channel 4 today. But no sign of him so far.

James Hinchcliffe is also in Silverstone today. He was giving analysis on the F1 TV weekend warm-up show this morning.

According to the DS F1 Broadcasting thread, C4 and F1TV have split for this race. Ben Edwards and Jolyon Palmer were calling the sessions for F1 TV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes madmusician's post:
  • bkman1990

Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend, with a separate commentary from a kids prospectus, where the drivers will be cute avatars: twitter.com 

(P.S. Sky Sports Mix doesn't require a Sky Sports subscription)

Details about it on the F1 official site: www.formula1.com 

(21-07-2023, 07:14 AM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend, with a separate commentary from a kids prospectus, where the drivers will be cute avatars: twitter.com 

This was also announced a few days ago - it will be live on iPlayer and BBC Three

www.formula1.com 

(21-07-2023, 07:14 AM)JamieMurph25 Wrote:  Hungarian Grand Prix this weekend, with a separate commentary from a kids prospectus, where the drivers will be cute avatars: twitter.com 

Did CBBC not to kids broadcasts or was it alternative commentary for kids during the first few years of BBC F1 especially when they were the exclusive TV rights holder?