Formula One

(21-07-2023, 09:20 AM)NI92 Wrote:  Did CBBC not to kids broadcasts or was it alternative commentary for kids during the first few years of BBC F1 especially when they were the exclusive TV rights holder?
First few years of BBC F1 when they were exclusive rights holders? 1978? CBBC didn't exist then Wink
[-] The following 4 users Like News Engineer's post:
  • bkman1990, NI92, TastyCrow, thomash79

(21-07-2023, 04:11 PM)News Engineer Wrote:  First few years of BBC F1 when they were exclusive rights holders? 1978? CBBC didn't exist then Wink

Very good, Children's BBC didn't exist then either of course I meant 2009-2011 period

There's some memories of it here - guests included Hacker and Ed and Oucho, and the safety car bits sound fun:
old.reddit.com 

The lower thirds showing at the end of Channel 4's coverage from Spa had a clumsy error this evening.

It said that the next race in Zandvoort was being held in late July instead of late August.  Blush

Other than that; their coverage of the race was really good.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • watchingtv

It is absolutley fantastic to hear that Jennie Gow will be returning to the F1 paddock and the Radio 5 Live team this weekend. Though she is still not back to being 100% following her stroke at Christmastime, her recovery has been remarkable and really great to see.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • bkman1990, LDN

Doesn't time fly...

twitter.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, DE88, watchingtv

(02-11-2023, 10:58 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  Doesn't time fly...

twitter.com 

I miss Jim Rosenthal. Very much a friend in the tellybox when I was a boy. What's he doing these days?

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • chrisdafur

(03-11-2023, 11:32 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I miss Jim Rosenthal. Very much a friend in the tellybox when I was a boy. What's he doing these days?

He has presented Premier League coverage for Amazon Prime in recent years, and still as warm, friendly and professional as ever. No idea what he's doing for the other 363 days of the year though.

Looks like the bad weather in Sao Paulo this weekend have caused some technical issues. Sky's Ted's Notebook post-qualifying show with Ted Kravitz lost its pictures for most of the programme, though the online and YouTube versions are up without any issues.

x.com 

x.com 

Channel 4 are in the F1 broadcast centre in Biggin Hill for their coverage of the Brazilian GP this weekend.

A good few of the team were there at Biggin Hill today like Steve Jones, Billy Monger and Alex Jacques. Jolyon Palmer was also there in the commentary box alongside Alex at Biggin Hill as well. Ariana Bravo and James Hitchcliffe were in Sao Paulo.

Channel 4's team did show the official broadcast room for the F1 feeds going out to all of the broadcasters who have the rights to show these races to their own viewers. And I must say it is an amazing facility. It is quite a challenging environment for the people there to try and showcase the presentation of all of the race sessions during these F1 weekends.

I do wonder did Sky's technical errors get relayed with the broadcast centre during Ted's Notebook?

That must have been quite an mentally exhausting event for the employees working there today.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • RhysJR