BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres

(06-12-2022, 11:49 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  I like the idents. Even if you don't know about the animated film, they work alone as they look a bit like the sort of thing you'd see on a Christmas card. They've piqued my interest in the film though, which I will probably now watch.

The accompanying music is lovely and rather relaxing.

A good effort, certainly compared to some of the 'concepts' tried out in years gone by.

The idents are meaningless if they don't even see BBC1 worthy of having a normal promotional package to promote it. I don't dislike the idents, I'm just surprised at how they are promoting iPlayer over its regular channels. The idents seem like a guppy in a goldfish bowl.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveRW's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

It's only 6th December, I'm sure there will be normal Christmas programme trailers in due course.

I was never really a fan of BBC One trying to do an overarching 'John Lewis advert' (2017, 2018). And things like #xmaslife (2019) were just rather cringe, in my view.
[-] The following 3 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • chris, orange, Spencer

(06-12-2022, 11:53 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  
(06-12-2022, 11:49 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  I like the idents. Even if you don't know about the animated film, they work alone as they look a bit like the sort of thing you'd see on a Christmas card. They've piqued my interest in the film though, which I will probably now watch.

The accompanying music is lovely and rather relaxing.

A good effort, certainly compared to some of the 'concepts' tried out in years gone by.

The idents are meaningless if they don't even see BBC1 worthy of having a normal promotional package to promote it. I don't dislike the idents, I'm just surprised at how they are promoting iPlayer over its regular channels. The idents seem like a guppy in a goldfish bowl.

I think that them promoting iPlayer over regular channels is something you’re going to have to get used to.
[-] The following 6 users Like all new phil's post:
  • AJB39, Argyess, chris, Jeff, London Lite, Spencer

youtu.be 

Just shows how bare and uninspiring the schedule is this year.

(07-12-2022, 02:25 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  youtu.be 

Just shows how bare and uninspiring the schedule is this year.

Ignoring the bare schedule, can we admire how good those transitions are? Proper good use of the new brand.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SunburntRock89's post:
  • Ant

It does feel like they need a selection of idents featuring a range of programme genres. The phrase "with strong language and adult humour" spoken over these particular idents jars a little.

Two of the four Christmas idents have been removed from todays schedules due to the news story regarding the frozen lake. The junctions at 1pm, 6pm and 10pm will use the sombre idents in their place.
[-] The following 3 users Like ScottishTVGuy's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, UTVLifer

An understandable decision to a tragic event, particularly as it'll be the top story today. I guess a 'marked important' email went round to all the news regions this morning.

For reference Sky Daytime was used, at least here in the south east. tvhome.co.uk 

Good that they've got these to fall back on.
[-] The following 5 users Like Asa's post:
  • AJB39, Happy2001, Jeff, JosiahStuart, UTVLifer

(12-12-2022, 02:58 PM)Asa Wrote:  An understandable decision to a tragic event, particularly as it'll be the top story today. I guess a 'marked important' email went round to all the news regions this morning.

For reference Sky Daytime was used, at least here in the south east. tvhome.co.uk 

Good that they've got these to fall back on.

Reminds me of Christmas past when they'd have the Christmas ident (singular) to introduce programmes and the regular clock to introduce the News.

Will they be restoring the beautiful ident of the Horse, Fox, Mole and Boy walking along the banks of a lake? It is so gorgeous it seems a shame.

I understand why it was not shown a few days ago, but the argument towards a permanent shelving is odd. Imagine if BBC1's ident was a Christmas Tree and a tragedy occurred involving a Christmas Tree. Would they then pull that Tree ident?
[-] The following 3 users Like SteveRW's post:
  • AJB39, CF1, IanJRedman