BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres

I don't think anyone has said permanent though? The story is still on the BBC News homepage this evening so I think they'll hold it back for a while longer.

IIRC it's the first time they've happily used an animated character led ident going into the news. In previous years, there's always been a more generic 'news safe' one. It maybe explains why they created the characterless variant, which was only ever being shown before the overnight intro to the News Channel. Not sure why it was just relegated to that.

I'd have thought restoring the characterless one at least would have happened by now considering it isn't depicting anyone walking on or near ice. It's not like that sort of imagery isn't everywhere at this time of year.

TBH whilst it's understandable they were withdrawn I think if they hadn't been withdrawn the connection probably wouldn't have been made.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Alessi, IanJRedman

(17-12-2022, 02:21 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  Will they be restoring the beautiful ident of the Horse, Fox, Mole and Boy walking along the banks of a lake? It is so gorgeous it seems a shame.

I understand why it was not shown a few days ago, but the argument towards a permanent shelving is odd. Imagine if BBC1's ident was a Christmas Tree and a tragedy occurred involving a Christmas Tree. Would they then pull that Tree ident?

I would say yes as the tree is a prominent feature.

Regarding Christmas specials, it's annoying when shows get given them when they are only starting out. For me, you have to earn it. The Green Green Grass got a Xmas Day slot right out of the block and it totally flopped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • UTVLifer

Just to go back to the previous discussion...

Looking at TV Home, the characters version of the River ident returned last night, for 'Strike: Troubled Blood' at 9pm and 'The English' at 11:40pm, not seen yet today, so possibly initially restricted to post-watershed? Still using the normal Sky idents for the News
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Happy2001

(21-12-2022, 05:38 PM)Argyess Wrote:  Good to see the Walking ident is starting to get used before one or two non-news programmes again. I'm expecting it'll get restored for the pre news junctions from this weekend, although that's pure speculation on my part.

River 1, with the characters, appeared a couple of times on Monday evening, but neither River 1 nor River 2 have appeared since. It’s a shame as both are very nice idents. All news programmes are still being introduced over Sky in the South East - not sure about the nations and other regions.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(23-12-2022, 10:59 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(21-12-2022, 05:38 PM)Argyess Wrote:  Good to see the Walking ident is starting to get used before one or two non-news programmes again. I'm expecting it'll get restored for the pre news junctions from this weekend, although that's pure speculation on my part.

River 1, with the characters, appeared a couple of times on Monday evening, but neither River 1 nor River 2 have appeared since. It’s a shame as both are very nice idents. All news programmes are still being introduced over Sky in the South East - not sure about the nations and other regions.
I wonder if they'll be put it back in rotation either tomorrow or Sunday?

There have been quite a few news bulletins which have been using the standard idents instead of the Christmas ones. Is this a mistake?

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!

(23-12-2022, 07:56 PM)Moz Wrote:  There have been quite a few news bulletins which have been using the standard idents instead of the Christmas ones. Is this a mistake?
Discussion began a few pages back on p16. Not a mistake, it was following the deaths of the children in Solihull.

[Image: tig96x96.png]

River 1 ident has just been shown before Celebrity Masterchef. Although it's being used more sparingly, it's nice to see that they've not completely abandoned it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Argyess's post:
  • Si-Co

This thread seems to have been significantly derailed by general programme discussion. Non-presentation-related discussion should be taken to the dedicated thread - a number of pages from this thread have been moved there.

Any further programme-specific posts that appear in this thread will be removed.