BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres

Might help if the threads had different names.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes VMPhil's post:
  • DeMarkay

(27-12-2022, 09:10 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Might help if the threads had different names.

Yeah, no criticism to the board but, having three threads with the names...

TV/Radio Presentation
TV/Radio News and Sport Presentation
TV/Radio Programme Presentation and General Discusion

...is bound to be consfusing and sometimes I forget where I've posted in and it's hard to find topics. They could easily be streamlined, re-named and reduced significantly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

(27-12-2022, 09:17 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(27-12-2022, 09:10 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  Might help if the threads had different names.

Yeah, no criticism to the board but, having three threads with the names...

TV/Radio Presentation
TV/Radio News and Sport Presentation
TV/Radio Programme Presentation and General Discusion

...is bound to be consfusing and sometimes I forget where I've posted in and it's hard to find topics. They could easily be streamlined, re-named and reduced significantly.
The forum titles deliberately emphasised the "TV/Radio" scope. Radio was not covered by our predecessors and we wanted to draw attention to this change.

Apart from being slightly verbose, the titles still make it fairly obvious what's covered by each forum. And if in doubt, there's a quick scope guide at the top of each forum index page.

That said, we've made a few changes tonight, to try and make things a little more obvious.
[-] The following 3 users Like Admin PC's post:
  • Ant, ethanjbrady, Roger Darthwell

Is it correct that tomorrow December 31st is the last full day of the BBC One Christmas idents?

(30-12-2022, 10:05 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Is it correct that tomorrow December 31st is the last full day of the BBC One Christmas idents?

That’s been the case for the last few years, with standard idents resuming shortly after midnight. Makes little sense to me as New Years Day and the subsequent Bank Holiday/s (when and where appropriate) are still very much part of the festive season.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 4 users Like Si-Co's post:
  • AJB39, BeebBoy, fanoftv, Ma76

Didn’t it start to be the case when they launched branding for January - the ‘Love 20__’ packages and the fantastic winter animated idents?

(31-12-2022, 09:29 AM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(30-12-2022, 10:05 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Is it correct that tomorrow December 31st is the last full day of the BBC One Christmas idents?

That’s been the case for the last few years, with standard idents resuming shortly after midnight. Makes little sense to me as New Years Day and the subsequent Bank Holiday/s (when and where appropriate) are still very much part of the festive season.

Most importantly the Christmas Radio Times doesn't end until 6th!

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AJB39, Ma76, Si-Co

Pre the Eurovision concert we are back to normal idents.

(01-01-2023, 02:36 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Pre the Eurovision concert we are back to normal idents.

I wonder what the rush is to get rid of Christmas pres as soon as possible after midnight. Normally there’s no new-look for January and just a revert back to pre-Christmas idents - Oneness being an exception, and the least said about the New Years Day with back to back Sea Swimmers and Exercise Class idents the better. 

This is a genuine question, not just a moan. IMO the logical time to switch back to non-festive pres (this year) would be 3rd January in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and 4th January in Scotland.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si-Co's post:
  • Brekkie

(01-01-2023, 03:59 PM)Si-Co Wrote:  
(01-01-2023, 02:36 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Pre the Eurovision concert we are back to normal idents.

I wonder what the rush is to get rid of Christmas pres as soon as possible after midnight. Normally there’s no new-look for January and just a revert back to pre-Christmas idents - Oneness being an exception, and the least said about the New Years Day with back to back Sea Swimmers and Exercise Class idents the better. 

This is a genuine question, not just a moan. IMO the logical time to switch back to non-festive pres (this year) would be 3rd January in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, and 4th January in Scotland.

I think it's because on New Year's Day, BBC1 launches major drama series' so would want them as part of a regular line up and not as part of Christmas programming. Christmas idents may make some think these new shows are a one off. So, regular idents make things seem more grand and concurring.
[-] The following 2 users Like SteveRW's post:
  • Frances, Stooky Bill