BBC TV Christmas 2022 Pres

(25-11-2022, 10:13 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  
(25-11-2022, 08:08 PM)Argyess Wrote:  I think it's Tuesday 30th? Just an educated guess, though.

Thanks. It is very late this year isn't it? All because of a certain football tournament that has no right taking place this time of year!

I prefer it being later in the year, closer to the season. 30th November, for me, is too early. I feel like the idents overstay their welcome when they're up as soon as the month ends, because then you have them for a full month, leading up to New Year's Day. Ideally, I think that they should maybe put them up a few weeks before christmas, in December. Have trailer packages and the frosted lens animation from the 30th, but the idents should be closer to the time. I'd put them out for the 9th of December, at the earliest.

(28-11-2022, 03:01 PM)ScottishTVGuy Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 02:36 PM)SteveRW Wrote:  I know you can't divulge any information regarding their look/style/theme, but can I ask, are they nice to look at?

Yeah... they're nice. Not a great deal going on in them. There are four in total. Two of which are the same but with elements removed to make them news safe.

Given that I thought last year's were just 'nice', I expect to have a similar opinion on these ones.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

Merry Media Packmas!

Quote:It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas as the BBC brings viewers a December to remember with plenty of programmes and box sets to delight and entertain everyone across the UK this yuletide.

The BBC’s fantastic festive line up will be available live and on-demand on BBC iPlayer and across our channels as both favourites and new offerings from the worlds of drama, comedy, entertainment and factual programmes sit alongside the very best in arts, music and religious programming. Viewers will be enthralled and captivated by a line-up like no other whenever and wherever they want to watch.
Charlotte Moore, BBC’s Chief Content Officer says: “Nothing brings people across the UK together like Christmas on the BBC and this year we’ve got a world-class line-up like no other. Get ready to escape and be entertained with an incredible range of new festive shows across every genre, live or on demand, there’s something for everyone.”

www.bbc.co.uk 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 3 users Like Josh's post:
  • AJB39, Milkshake, paul_hadley

Top Of The Pops down from Two shows to One and moved to BBC Two this year.

Motherland moves to BBC One for their Christmas Special. I thought it may be a bit too niche for BBC One, but it has been another cult favourite.

I've seen Christmas House of Games listed as being on BBC1 on Boxing Day at 7pm. Surprising given how it has flopped there before.

(29-11-2022, 02:12 AM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Top Of The Pops down from Two shows to One and moved to BBC Two this year.

Yes, I noticed that as well.  Seeing as the regular show ended up getting axed a year after its move over to BBC Two, I now get the feeling that the Christmas counterpart will soon be heading the same way....
[-] The following 1 user Likes Argyess's post:
  • Former Member 406

(29-11-2022, 03:37 AM)London Lite Wrote:  Motherland moves to BBC One for their Christmas Special.    I thought it may be a bit too niche for BBC One, but it has been another cult favourite.
I assume it's the last episode, they're not planning on making another series

(29-11-2022, 03:39 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  I've seen Christmas House of Games listed as being on BBC1 on Boxing Day at 7pm. Surprising given how it has flopped there before.

The BBC1 version was a different format and on later in the evening. Boxing Day at 7 is different to Friday night at 8 or whenever it was on
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • London Lite

BBC schedules for the English regions now on the BBC website up to the 23rd of December although they are subject to significant change up until the end of the World Cup depending on which matches the BBC end up showing. I see Sports Personality of the Year is on Wednesday the 21st of December at 18.45 due to the World Cup. First time I can remember it not been on a Sunday.

(29-11-2022, 02:12 AM)Happy2001 Wrote:  Top Of The Pops down from Two shows to One and moved to BBC Two this year.

Yeah was a bit confused by this last night, as it said "BBC One & BBC iPlayer" despite being listed under Two.. but this appears to have been changed now.
It does also say: "Top Of The Pops: Review of 2022 is a BBC Studios (1 x 60) production for BBC One and BBC iPlayer."

But this appears to be no different to Motherland being bumped up to One but says it's commissioned by Two.

TOTP has fallen from its Christmas Grace in recent years. I remember it alway being pre-Queen at 2pm, but last few years it's been on as early as mid morning.

(29-11-2022, 08:13 AM)Argyess Wrote:  

Yes, I noticed that as well.  Seeing as the regular show ended up getting axed a year after its move over to BBC Two, I now get the feeling that the Christmas counterpart will soon be heading the same way....
Perhaps there is more viewership for a programme of Christmas Carols via Songs of Praise in the TOTP slot so the BBC felt it more worthwhile to have that on instead of TOTP which has been getting less and less viewers each year. Songs of Praise might have low viewing figures, but it has a regular following so would benefit more from a mid-day slot than TOTP would.

The Highlights also demonstrate how precariously low the BBC One Comedy offering is these days.
To nick comedies from BBC Two to show on BBC One to boost the BBC One comedy offering is a bit desperate looking.

Have there been any comedy commissions on BBC One this Autumn that have been noteworthy?

Ralph and Kate had a decent Christmas special shown on November 2nd!