ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

(15-11-2022, 09:21 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I've not had a chance to watch them properly, but the variants do seem to fit each channel well - especially ITV3.

I agree, this is probably where the "alternative" idents are executed the best. Railway Station is particularly lovely, but they all seem to capture the essence of the ITV 3 brand.
[-] The following 6 users Like WhisperOfCinnamon's post:
  • Andrew Wood, bilky asko, bkman1990, John, Ma76, TVFan

I think it would have been lovely if all of the ITV3 idents followed the same style as the train station one with figures from the past being there.
The metal detector one just seems a bit meh after seeing the lovely train station one

I think, excepting the odd ITV1 train station and ITV4 rural options, the main four channels are pretty good and on brand for the most part. However, I do not see any brand identity in the ITVBe versions whatsoever. Train station's only activity is in the background, which makes it hard to even tell what they were going for. Rural just seems low energy, and I struggle to see the relevance of hay on a tractor trailer beyond the fact the woman unloading it is in pink?

(15-11-2022, 10:33 AM)strollfan Wrote:  I think, excepting the odd ITV1 train station and ITV4 rural options, the main four channels are pretty good and on brand for the most part. However, I do not see any brand identity in the ITVBe versions whatsoever. Train station's only activity is in the background, which makes it hard to even tell what they were going for. Rural just seems low energy, and I struggle to see the relevance of hay on a tractor trailer beyond the fact the woman unloading it is in pink?

I wondered if the ITV Be 'rural' scene was her setting up some form of glamping in that area?
[-] The following 4 users Like Ash101's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Intercity225, Ma76

I suspect I’m being a little harsh but my initial reaction is a little ‘meh’. I can see the idea behind the creations but it just feels a little flat, for want of a better word. I think the same shot movements (from left to right with the graphic reveal), across all of the channels, is what fuels that.

I had wondered, for example, whether each channel’s ident would be shot from a different angle of, say, the train station.

Overall though, there’s a clearer assertion of the brand and it works well. There’s some nice new bits and I am probably being a bit too harsh about the smaller details.

I'm surprised one of the scenes wasn't a city centre.

ITV1 could show general day to day people going about their business with maybe some street performers etc
ITV2 could have shown some big parade/event taking place.
ITV3 could have shown it at night maybe with a ghost tour taking place
ITV4 could have had a Sunday fun run type thing
ITVBe could have had a hen party type scene

There is so much you can so with a city type scene, whereas a big field is a bit more limited overall. A city scene could even be adapted for Christmas pretty easily.
[-] The following 4 users Like tomo359's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, JustJamie, UTVLifer

Based on what I've seen thus far, I'm liking what I've seen - but not fully loving it. The train station one for ITV1 (to kick off the new rebrand) is the one I've mixed feelings on: the vibrant colours as the dancers dance around is the one I take issue with. It's, for me, HORRIBLE, disgusting and really needs sorting. Perhaps another effect could have been used. Tnat's my opinion.

The whole live action concept for the rebrand is fine, in my opinion. Not quite sure what the problem is on that front.

I'm liking what I've seen. A few niggles... but I'm liking it. Just not fully loving it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JustJamie's post:
  • thePineapple

(15-11-2022, 10:40 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 10:33 AM)strollfan Wrote:  I think, excepting the odd ITV1 train station and ITV4 rural options, the main four channels are pretty good and on brand for the most part. However, I do not see any brand identity in the ITVBe versions whatsoever. Train station's only activity is in the background, which makes it hard to even tell what they were going for. Rural just seems low energy, and I struggle to see the relevance of hay on a tractor trailer beyond the fact the woman unloading it is in pink?

I wondered if the ITV Be 'rural' scene was her setting up some form of glamping in that area?

I thought it was a Real Housewives of wherever type nod. 

Some real highlights I think - I love the ITV4 station ident. The ITV1 rural one looks like it will be good. 

Curious how there’s no ITV1 cafe ident in the official video, and there also looks to be an additional city one that only has an ITV1 variation. 

Annoying how ITV1 has no idents or pres throughout the morning!

I think what connects the ITV Be train station and rural idents is the idea of a little bit of glamour in an otherwise mundane setting. Which doesn't really go with the fun-but-unconnected one with the giant animals.

Bit like how the ITV 4 rural one doesn't really fit with the other two we've seen.

(15-11-2022, 10:16 AM)all new phil Wrote:  UTV looks to now be ITV1 as well. Was it UTV up to yesterday or had they been branded as ITV?

UTV has been ITV for a while now. We only see or hear the UTV name when a local programme is being introduced (with special pre-recorded voiceover) or a promo trailer for a UTV specific programme comes on (with older ITV branding, not the (as of yesterday) current ITV branding). That and the local news is branded UTV Live. It will be interesting to see what happens to UTV going forward from today as absolutely nothing has been announced so far.
[-] The following 3 users Like rick's post:
  • bkman1990, Former Member 406, Rijowhi