ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

A shame that Cityscape isn't ready as that seems like the news friendly ident.
[-] The following 5 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • bkman1990, Intercity225, Rijowhi, thomalex, UTVLifer

Very interesting to see the decisive opinions of some forum posters here,

I remember when the new 'Lens' idents came out for BBC One, some if not most of the posters were scratching their heads about whether it was as good as the Circles, or equally as good as the globe.

So far, I love that the channels are cohesive again, creates a unique navigation took for each channel, as if to show they're all from the same network of channels. I wonder if Channel 4 are taking notes?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Kunst

There’s something missing about this rebrand for me. It doesn’t feel as polished as it should, and the idents certainly haven’t been thought about with the logo in mind.

Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today? I feel like ITV Reem may be with us for a long time to come… particularly due to GMB not being updated this morning!
[-] The following 2 users Like ldnpres's post:
  • Ittr, Liam

I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.
It would be nice if other shows got unique fonts like that. I'm surprised the World Cup promo didn't use anything different considering it's such a big event. The promo just looks very generic.

(15-11-2022, 11:56 AM)ldnpres Wrote:  Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today? I feel like ITV Reem may be with us for a long time to come… particularly due to GMB not being updated this morning!

I think “worry” is maybe overdoing it…

Not seen anything to suggest any update for the news. The ITVX News stuff (see the thread in the Online section) is all in the existing branding.
[-] The following 3 users Like all new phil's post:
  • bkman1990, Larry the Loafer, UTVLifer

Let’s hope channel 4 don’t take note I think it’s awful it was much better before I’m fed up with poor presentation
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thames1985's post:
  • Brekkie

(15-11-2022, 12:00 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.
It would be nice if other shows got unique fonts like that. I'm surprised the World Cup promo didn't use anything different considering it's such a big event. The promo just looks very generic.

It seems to me that certain shows will actually use the show's logo on the promo, to make it a little more unique. The World Cup definitely has it's own logo, although there might be large licensing fees associated with that so it makes sense the promo just shows the generic font instead.

(15-11-2022, 12:11 PM)LoganStuff Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 12:00 PM)tomo359 Wrote:  I've noticed with the ITV1 promos that The Larkin's has a different unique font compared to the general channel font used on all the others, and it looks so much nicer.

It seems to me that certain shows will actually use the show's logo on the promo, to make it a little more unique. The World Cup definitely has it's own logo, although there might be large licensing fees associated with that so it makes sense the promo just shows the generic font instead.
Aah I didn't realise it was the shows logo, makes sense though. Also makes sense about the World Cup and licensing fees.

(15-11-2022, 11:56 AM)ldnpres Wrote:  Does anybody else worry that ITV News won’t be updated at all today?

No, because it's not due to be updated until next year according to reports.

Catch me on:
Andover Radio: Weekdays from 7am-10am
Overton Radio: Weekdays 2pm-4pm, Weekends 8am-11am

From what I've seen, it all looks a bit bland & boring to me - as I suspected. The previous ITV Creates idents and the whole package for all of the ITV channels were far superior & totally unique for each one. A shame.
[-] The following 3 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • bkman1990, JustJamie, sgreen93