ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

If they were going to ditch that font (it's mostly just on end credits, news and weather now, right?) I'd have thought they'd have done it when the current idents were introduced.

(01-03-2024, 04:44 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  The idents are the weak point but I can appreciate the cohesiveness of it all and think they've done a good job in that respect.
Actually, when you look at the idents for some of the channels they are only superficially the same.

In particular, there is a nice skyline one used for ITV3 which I haven't seen elsewhere and it also has a rather nice jingle (I'm easily pleased). Tongue

The problem seems to be with the inappropriate use of ones on ITV1. Dancing and chatting doesn't really play well when you're about to launch into a programme that starts with an horrific murder scene. However, each to their own! Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(01-03-2024, 05:37 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  If they were going to ditch that font (it's mostly just on end credits, news and weather now, right?) I'd have thought they'd have done it when the current idents were introduced.

True, and they probably should have done. Although if you were charitable, you could argue it was still the official ITV corporate font (albeit not the channels’ font), so was still technically current.

With the new corporate look, Reem has been consigned to history from a brand point of view, so continuing to use it in presentation seems increasingly odd. Plus you’d think they’d want to be able to stop licencing it.

(Incidentally it’s also still used by GMB, and I think some programmes, such as Coronation Street, still use it over opening scenes for writer credits, etc..)
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • Stuart, UTVLifer

Literally nobody outside of this place is looking at the font and thinking it looks odd though.

I bet if Ian was still at the BBC he wouldn’t be able to stand in front of their new logo even now
x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Brekkie, insert_good_username_here, Stuart

Strange that they have rolled out physical versions of it but nothing online yet.

(01-03-2024, 08:48 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Literally nobody outside of this place is looking at the font and thinking it looks odd though.

You could apply that argument to just about everything discussed on here. The general public don’t care about TV presentation, full stop. But that’s what we’re here to discuss, aren’t we?
[-] The following 3 users Like Spencer's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, chevron, Mike

(01-03-2024, 08:54 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Strange that they have rolled out physical versions of it but nothing online yet.

Not quite the same, but by chance I took a walk around MediaCity earlier this week and at both the Orange Tower and Coronation Street Studios, the lights have either been removed or switched off from the ITV logos on the buildings. Granted the colours had faded a lot, but I thought it was unusual they were switched off on both buildings.

Where as the BBC on the other hand still has the 1997 logo plastered everywhere. Quay House still has the channel and radio station logos from 2011/12 in its entrance area.
[-] The following 3 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Stuart, UTVLifer

(01-03-2024, 08:48 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I bet if Ian was still at the BBC he wouldn’t be able to stand in front of their new logo even now
x.com 
I suspect the person fitting a BBC logo would have remembered to take a spirit level with them in their tool box.

I may have weak eyes, but there is no way that ITV corporate logo is level, unless the walls are all a bit wonky. Tongue

Celebrity Big Brother idents and bumpers being rolled out in the last few hours on ITV1.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hybrid's post:
  • From the North