ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

What is going on with the aspect ratio on ITV1+1 it seems to be stuck in a stretched 4:3 ratio. Noticed it before now but can’t check other platforms.

EDIT: Seems to be a Virgin Media issue (acknowledged by them) in certain regions affecting all ITVs +1 channels.

(06-03-2024, 07:21 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  What is going on with the aspect ratio on ITV1+1 it seems to be stuck in a stretched 4:3 ratio. Noticed it before now but can’t check other platforms.

Seems to be all correct at my end (ITV1+1 via Sky)

EDIT: This is the Granada Reports version of ITV1+1.

ITV plc has had a makeover with the new branding

www.itvplc.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Stuart

(07-03-2024, 12:09 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  ITV plc has had a makeover with the new branding
www.itvplc.com 
I know some people don't like logos with gradients, but that new one works very well online.

It's far better than the original 5 segment and then 3 segment logo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

The B&Q campaign running today is quite a fun twist to the presentation.

(16-03-2024, 10:51 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The B&Q campaign running today is quite a fun twist to the presentation.

How long before "General Separation of Advertisements and Programmes" goes completely out the window? Its pretty much hanging on by a thread sometimes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Ma76, Nige

We probably see sponsors less integrated with programme presentation than we did at one point with the likes of Tellytots, the 90s This Morning titles and others, although we do now see talent used in shows sponsor ads in a way they previously weren't permitted to be. One thing in the US at least that seems to be going full circle is the soaps. The planned new CBS soap The Gates is being funded by in part at least by Proctor & Gamble.

As for this campaign I do think though as they are now quite commonly used these continuity based adverts don't stand out quite as much as they once did, but do still stand out more than a standard advert. Apparently B&Q have been running a new ad campaign across all channels in recent weeks and I can't say I noticed it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Ma76

Watching the new series of The Dry on ITVX and noticed a few things of note.

1. Each episode opens with 'An ITV Original' in capital letters using the show's font on a black background.

2. The end credits are in their own style, using the show font and cast on their own slides followed by wider credits in a small, centralised split style.

Giving each show the freedom to have its own identity like this and moving away from the homogenised, generic look is the way they should be going IMO - especially for drama.

It just feels infinitely classier and more in line with all the other networks.
[-] The following 4 users Like pad's post:
  • ACTV, JMT1985, Ma76, Spencer

I think The Dry was originally commissioned for BritBox.

(18-03-2024, 06:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think The Dry was originally commissioned for BritBox.

It was, as was Crime I think and a few others. Britbox Originals have stopped presumably now with the funds redirected to ITVX Exclusives. Although I get the sense that they are scaling these back now due to pressures on budgets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Ma76