ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

Is Eid getting more of a showcase this year because it didn't clash with Easter? Even last week's Beano comic had a story about it. The two are very similar - Easter is the end of Lent, Eid is the end of Ramadan. And apparently both involve getting chocolate as presents too.

(11-04-2024, 06:09 PM)Stuart Wrote:  That's a very nice thought. We always have special pres for Easter/Christmas, yet often forget the very special annual events for other cultures such as Eid and Diwali.

In my local supermarket at the weekend I noticed a section devoted to foods specific to Eid.

I can’t recall the last time we had special pres for Easter?

Was there something vaguely Easter like during ‘ITV creates’ or maybe in the previous ‘Pug in the sink’ set?

Can't recall anything with the ITV Creates idents but think there was something with some Easter chicks in the previous set.

What was this break bumper - the C4 versions just feel lazy now with basically the name of the event just slapped on screen.

Nobody does Easter pres anymore from what I can tell.

(11-04-2024, 11:00 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What was this break bumper - the C4 versions just feel lazy now with basically the name of the event just slapped on screen.
Here you go - theident.gallery 

And here's Channel 4's contribution - theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Happy2001, Stuart

OK, might just be a split second but that is very nice indeed.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, Stuart, thePineapple

The Channel 4 one looks like it took mere seconds to design
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(11-04-2024, 11:17 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  OK, might just be a split second but that is very nice indeed.
Yes they both look nice. At least ITV took the trouble of tinkering with their logo and also including the Arabic translation.

Very nice indeed. It may only be a couple of seconds on screen, but it's important to recognise all of your audience in pres.

(11-04-2024, 11:41 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The Channel 4 one looks like it took mere seconds to design

Because it likely did. It's a very basic template, pick the colour, type the text, export, job done.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • Stuart

I see there is another batch of those adverts pretending to be continuity on ITV1 advertising Mcvities biscuits

Gemmadale and Coronation Close