ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

I highly suspect it's to make it feel more like an event, to zone Saturday Nights.

They’ve done it before at this time of year, I can’t remember what they called it

There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

I thought we were done with this rubbish on the mainstream channels but then I do find myself increasingly miserable at most goings on these days. I blame the government.
[-] The following 3 users Like Isonstine's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, fanoftv, interestednovice

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

I thought we were done with this rubbish on the mainstream channels but then I do find myself increasingly miserable at most goings on these days. I blame the government.

Tsk. We get the rubbish we deserve.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Isonstine

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Andrew Wrote:  They’ve done it before at this time of year, I can’t remember what they called it

Super Saturdays. It had a bit more personality than just 'Saturday Night'. 😭
[-] The following 4 users Like Hybrid's post:
  • Brekkie, callumwatchestelly, fanoftv, interestednovice

I think what annoys me most about the Saturday Night DOG is how they’ve had to leave an awkward gap between it and the ITV1 DOG in order to allow space for the +1 identifier.

Why not place it below the ITV1 logo?

(27-04-2024, 07:59 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  There were also some obnoxious graphics in the top right of the screen to promote Britain's Got Talent. Not just annoying but actually obscured some key parts of the programme you might actually want to watch.

This was executed the most obnoxiously during the run before Celebrity Big Brother…and Trigger Point…and…most things. I presume it’s just their new strategy.

(27-04-2024, 09:07 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Super Saturdays. It had a bit more personality than just 'Saturday Night'. 😭

Perhaps it's an attempt to make you think of the FAST channel 'Saturday Night Every Night'
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • interestednovice

(27-04-2024, 07:52 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Will they introduce "Monday morning", "Wednesday lunchtime" and "Thursday graveyard" DOG's to remind the audience & the hard of thinking what time of day it is & the kind of programming likely to be broadcast?

In and around Christmas that would be handy I must admit.
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, fanoftv, interestednovice, Isonstine, Juicy Joe, Stuart

(27-04-2024, 07:52 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  Will they introduce "Monday morning", "Wednesday lunchtime" and "Thursday graveyard" DOG's to remind the audience & the hard of thinking what time of day it is & the kind of programming likely to be broadcast?

I know this is a joke, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they introduced an “ITV 1 Daytime” DOG on weekdays, right through from GMB to the end of Loose Women!
[-] The following 1 user Likes interestednovice's post:
  • Juicy Joe