ITV Channel Brand Refresh (15th November and Beyond)

I think the person who originally brought it up was perhaps a little too overenthusiastic about it and weren’t getting their point across as well as they could’ve been, but the reaction has been a bit weird.

I think we can all agree that it would be a nice touch to have the idents correlate to the time that they’re being aired - I did think that’s what their intentions were when I saw the different time variations.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume that they would be intending to do that, and if i’m honest if they aren’t doing that… I’m not sure why they’d bother to create those variants to begin with.
[-] The following 13 users Like orange's post:
  • Allanbuzzy, benzj, chaose, chevron, Clark, fanoftv, Former Member 406, interestednovice, MLehon, Rexogamer, SlimyTrain, TJTSW, TVFan

Does anyone know if these two aired on TV yet?
EDIT: So since Vimeo can't show them on here, these are the yet-to-be-aired Cityscape idents for ITV4 and ITVBe.
vimeo.com 

vimeo.com 

(02-07-2023, 02:18 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  Does anyone know if these two aired on TV yet?
EDIT: So since Vimeo can't show them on here, these are the yet-to-be-aired Cityscape idents for ITV4 and ITVBe.
vimeo.com 
vimeo.com 
ITV2 is still yet to air their Cityscape ident too.

(02-07-2023, 09:59 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  ITV2 is still yet to air their Cityscape ident too.

Actually, if you check the Ident Gallery, they have.
theident.gallery 

I once randomly thought (for no particular reason)...

Imagine if Liberty Global ever bought ITV plc, and renamed the channels as "Virgin Media One/Two/Three/Four" etc (as with the TV3 channels in Ireland). The new name for ITV Be could be...

"V.Me"

- Simultaneously suggestive of the "Oh, that's V(ery) me" type of parlance (which is apt for the channel's target demographic) and also short for "V(irgin) Me(dia)".

I'm sure that there'll be a parallel dimension where this has all happened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(09-07-2023, 10:50 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I once randomly thought (for no particular reason)...

Imagine if Liberty Global ever bought ITV plc, and renamed the channels as "Virgin Media One/Two/Three/Four" etc, as with the TV3 channels in Ireland. The new name for ITV Be could be...

"V.Me"

- Simultaneously suggestive of the "Oh, that's V(ery) me" type of parlance (which is apt for the channel's target demographic) and also short for "V(irgin) Me(dia)".

Never ever would that happen - as TV3 is/was not ITV - two very different companies

You're veering dangerously close to Akinbola territory there...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • WhoOdyssey

(09-07-2023, 10:52 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Never ever would that happen - as TV3 is/was not ITV - two very different companies
Please show me the part of my post where I indicated that I thought that TV3 and ITV were anything to do with each other. I'm perfectly aware that they're two very different companies.

It was ABUNDANTLY CLEAR from the content of my post that (A) I was merely contriving to share my "V.Me" name idea and (B) that I don't even remotely think that there's any chance of such a takeover actually happening. Sheesh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 406's post:

(09-07-2023, 10:50 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  I once randomly thought (for no particular reason)...

Imagine if Liberty Global ever bought ITV plc, and renamed the channels as "Virgin Media One/Two/Three/Four" etc (as with the TV3 channels in Ireland). The new name for ITV Be could be...

"V.Me"

For some reason, I now can't get Children's Virgin Media or Virgin Media Kids out of my head.

Anyone remember the red character? Made by the same people who made munkeh [Image: Virgin1-ident-001.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none]
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:

(10-07-2023, 10:25 PM)cable Wrote:  For some reason, I now can't get Children's Virgin Media or Virgin Media Kids out of my head.

Anyone remember the red character? Made by the same people who made munkeh [Image: Virgin1-ident-001.jpg?width=620&dpr=2&s=none]

Virgin Media Kids does exist as an on-demand service and (ironically) Red is the ''mascot''.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheFullElectro's post: