BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

(15-02-2023, 05:20 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(15-02-2023, 12:44 PM)Spencer Wrote:  And the latest batch of HD regions are now on Sky.  Smile
The addition of 'BBC One SW HD' and channel swap to 101 seems to have corrupted the EPG on my Sky+HD DRX890, creating many duplicate channels all over the place. Confused

A reboot and resetting of my favourites seems to have solved the issue. Tongue
Speaking of corrupted EPGs, Sky's online TV Guide for London HD is lacking BBC One, leaving BBC Two as the top channel.
[Image: Screenshot%202023-02-16%20031558.png]

This happens all the time once a local BBC One HD launches, and they still haven't fixed it!

(16-02-2023, 04:17 AM)Allanbuzzy Wrote:  Speaking of corrupted EPGs, Sky's online TV Guide for London HD is lacking BBC One, leaving BBC Two as the top channel.
I also noticed that. I often go to the Sky website to set a recording, but as you say BBC One has vanished other than the national HD version at LCN 115, which I presume will be gone after the end of next week?

(16-02-2023, 12:07 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  10773V appears to have cleared already this evening.

Will be home to BBC Parliament HD, BBC One North East & Cumbria HD, BBC One North West HD and BBC One Yorkshire HD.

They are testing already. BBC Parliament is upscaled Dodgy 

And we also got BBC Two NI as a fifth channel on this transponder (makes sense to move it to their own transponder if the space is there).

Noticed BBC London took a Look East VT which was upscaled. So even if they're filming the output in 1080i from SD only sites, it's still being distributed in SD.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

(16-02-2023, 12:07 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  10773V appears to have cleared already this evening.

Will be home to BBC Parliament HD, BBC One North East & Cumbria HD, BBC One North West HD and BBC One Yorkshire HD.

All now on there…

6308 is Parliament
6311 is NE & C
6312 is BBC Two NI
6331 is NW
6371 is Yorks
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • harshy, Stuart

This only leaves South East HD to begin testing, unless they intend to just switch the feed on the current national channel to SE next week, once the others have successfully launched.

(16-02-2023, 07:29 PM)Stuart Wrote:  This only leaves South East HD to begin testing, unless they intend to just switch the feed on the current national channel to SE next week, once the others have successfully launched.

The latter one is what will happen. They did the same on 10818 V when BBC Scotland had to make way for BBC One London HD.

(16-02-2023, 07:29 PM)Stuart Wrote:  This only leaves South East HD to begin testing, unless they intend to just switch the feed on the current national channel to SE next week, once the others have successfully launched.
Yes you won't see any testing of SE as it's replacing the current BBC1 England HD. 

The Service ID for it has been on the transponder for a while, but of course the actual content itself is the 'red slate HD' version of BBC1. That will switch over at some point next week and it will be bye bye to the HD red slate on satellite
[-] The following 2 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • ASnep, bkman1990

(16-02-2023, 06:46 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Noticed BBC London took a Look East VT which was upscaled. So even if they're filming the output in 1080i from SD only sites, it's still being distributed in SD.

A Full HD VT was sent by Norwich for the evening London bulletin.