Neighbours is coming back!

(20-09-2023, 04:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The 10 version looks better for me but don't really understand the need to two different versions. Also I believe 10 hasn't been airing the end credits at all so removing the character and actor names from the opener seems a bit strange - would be understandable if one version had them and the other didn't in that scenario but not the case.

Personally I don't think the titles look as polished as the version they used for the final few years.

Agree not as polished. Also the movement effect on Karl and Susan is so quick we don't get to see them that well

To be fair to Amazon the adverts for the show are everywhere, billboard across TV and Radio, must be the biggest amount of promotion it has had in a long time!

Yeah I agree the titles don't seem that great, on Ten does the "Neighbours" logo come up when they go for a break? or is that me going back years ha ha

Someone has redone the titles with the names back on youtube

www.youtube.com 

(21-09-2023, 10:59 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  Yeah I agree the titles don't seem that great, on Ten does the "Neighbours" logo come up when they go for a break? or is that me going back years ha ha

No, I believe the Neighbours logo hasn’t been shown at the break points since some point in the 00s. I haven’t seen any of the 2023 Ten-formatted episodes, but I doubt they’ve brought it back.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…

(21-09-2023, 10:59 PM)DJ Dave Wrote:  Someone has redone the titles with the names back on youtube

www.youtube.com 

Mackenzie is really struggling through the sand. I don't understand why they left Ramsay Street for a large part of the titles.

They feel very generic - and it's not as if venturing further out into Melbourne would bring in landmarks more familar to an international audience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • TJTSW

I notice that Neighbours will continue over the festive period without a break along with a Christmas Day episode.

Don't suppose there is any indication how well the show is doing on Amazon, but what about the Australian transmission?

Does it normally air on Christmas in Australia?

It's said to be doing well on Amazon - there were some initial audience issues in australia but not sure if these have been resolved

Traditionally not but it did in the years it also aired over Christmas on C5 - thought never understood why C5 insisted on that considering it was thrown around the schedules for at least a week to be accomodated (some days only airing at 9am).

(17-12-2023, 09:21 PM)Torpido1 Wrote:  It's said to be doing well on Amazon - there were some initial audience issues in australia but not sure if these have been resolved

Yes in 1986. I’d be surprised if suddenly Australia as fallen in love with the soap.