Neighbours is coming back!

(11-09-2023, 06:02 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Is that a better slot in Australia than it had towards the end of its first run? Wasn’t it down to just 10 Peach?

Be interested to see how it works out. But I must admit, watching Jury Duty on FreeVee, I got very fed up with the ads - considering we try and avoid them with most things these days!

From memory it used to air first on 10 Peach at 6.30pm. I’m not sure whether it was airing on 10 at all but certainly not in a prime time slot.

I see Guy Pearce is returning in some capacity, which I don’t think was something people expected.

(11-09-2023, 06:02 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Is that a better slot in Australia than it had towards the end of its first run? Wasn’t it down to just 10 Peach?

Be interested to see how it works out. But I must admit, watching Jury Duty on FreeVee, I got very fed up with the ads - considering we try and avoid them with most things these days!

It was on at 6:30pm for a long time, and stayed in time slot, it moved from Ten to 11 (Now 10 Peach) when it launched in 2011, and didn't air on the main 10 anymore..  So it's actually getting a return to 10  as well as putting it back in a familiar slot on the channel it was on for 11 years.
[-] The following 3 users Like sky303's post:
  • AJB39, Ma76, Si-Co

Watched a bit of this. They’ve got rid of the opening titles (for the first episode at least). Don’t they realise that’s the most iconic thing about the show?

The full theme music was heard over the credits, which I assume is a new version. But being a streaming service it already autoplayed a different programme before I had a chance to stop it. I didn’t bother to go back and listen to the whole thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • TJTSW

(18-09-2023, 05:06 PM)Jon Wrote:  Watched a bit of this. They’ve got rid of the opening titles (for the first episode at least). Don’t they realise that’s the most iconic thing about the show?

The full theme music was heard over the credits, which I assume is a new version. But being a streaming service it already autoplayed a different programme before I had a chance to stop it. I didn’t bother to go back and listen to the whole thing.

I think the opening credits are due to return tomorrow, the reason for them being dropped from today's episode was so they would not give away new family groupings and characters.
[-] The following 2 users Like South's post:
  • AJB39, Alessi

(18-09-2023, 05:19 PM)South Wrote:  I think the opening credits are due to return tomorrow, the reason for them being dropped from today's episode was so they would not give away new family groupings and characters.

The opening titles didn't appear until the second episode on Network Ten in 1986 as well. 

I just watched the first episode. Only one advert appeared during the whole episode for me which was for some weird Play-Doh competition, in the same style as your Lego Masters. Not sure on the white text on black background for the end credits, this has never been Neighbours. Unless this is a requirement for streaming programmes these days? It's very ITV. 

No spoilers but an unusual coupling in the first episode. Loved seeing some returnees for the wedding event. Scenes weren't dragged out, they flowed perfectly.

I loved the subtle attempt of zooming in on a characters name on their name tag at Lassiter's to explain who they are as they now have a new face in this run.
[-] The following 3 users Like JasonB's post:
  • fanoftv, TJTSW, watchingtv

There was quite a bit of slow motion and needle drop moments in episode 1, Don't remember this being done quite as much in recent years. It was well done I thought. The whole thing had a classier, bigger budget feel without removing it from still being 'Neighbours' as we know it.

Just Watched it, and wasnt bad, hopfully the titles will be back tomorrow, as im sure i saw somwhere they had the full versoin of the new theme music, where they were listening to it through headphones, must of poppedup of facebook a week or so ago,
good to see the Mrs Mangle portrait gets another outing lol and the odd zoom into it was a bit creepy.
overall I enjoyed it as for the end credits bit bland but maybe they will change once we get the opening titles too
feels fresh and viberant so hope it continues :-)

Neighbours has returned to the RTE1 schedule at 2pm and is also repeated on RTE2 at 6pm making it widely available in Northern Ireland too both on Sky and where available on Freeview.

The titles have returned in today's episode, they are different from what has come before.