Children In Need

(19-11-2022, 12:57 AM)Andrew Wrote:  His voice has a certain inflection like he’s been pre-recorded in individual sentences  and stitched together like a railway station announcement.

Haha, speaking of stitched together, I know what you mean!  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes scottishtv's post:
  • Josh

(19-11-2022, 12:57 AM)Andrew Wrote:  To be honest I think they only do the telethon night because they have done for decades and there would be an outcry if they stopped. The main focus has been on other events and other programmes for years now. If they ever do something new or large scale, it’ll always be in a separate programme with only highlights on the night.

And I know this is probably sacrilege but I’m not a fan of Alan Deadicoat’s voiceovers on what is supposed to be a big entertainment night, he’s too functional sometimes and his voice has a certain inflection like he’s been pre-recorded in individual sentences  and stitched together like a railway station announcement.

Well I'm sorry but children in need wouldn't be children in need without the excellent Alan Deadicoat so I completely disagree with you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBCMeridian's post:
  • Nige

This happened the last time there was issue with cash flow with everyone, In 89 - 91 CIN raised: £17million most nights, come 1992.. £11,549,490 and it stayed around that figure for the next 10 years.

I was still not impressed with the main show, and found it rather lacking in energy, would added another 2 hours after the news help?

(19-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  This happened the last time there was issue with cash flow with everyone,  In 89 - 91 CIN raised: £17million most nights, come 1992.. £11,549,490 and it stayed around that figure for the next 10 years.

I was still not impressed with the main show, and found it rather lacking in energy, would added another 2 hours after the news help?

More is not always better, You can have a 3 hour live show thats absolutely amazing. Drop the same old crap like Blankety blank etc,

3.8 Million for Children In Need, 7.5 Million for I'm a Celebrity
mobile.twitter.com 

(19-11-2022, 12:20 PM)aaron_scotland Wrote:  
(19-11-2022, 11:34 AM)Milkshake Wrote:  This happened the last time there was issue with cash flow with everyone,  In 89 - 91 CIN raised: £17million most nights, come 1992.. £11,549,490 and it stayed around that figure for the next 10 years.

More is not always better, You can have a 3 hour live show thats absolutely amazing. Drop the same old crap like Blankety blank etc,

When you think it’s only like 2 episodes of Saturday Night Takeaway, so why is that fast moving high energy, but CIN night is low energy and treat like an obligation

Those three hours bring in the bulk of the fundraising on the night. If they can do it in three hours rather than seven, than I don't see an issue with it.

I didn't watch it last night, but were the big corporate sponsors given slots to announce their fundraising efforts?
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • DeMarkay

(19-11-2022, 02:55 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Those three hours bring in the bulk of the fundraising on the night.  If they can do it in three hours rather than seven, than I don't see an issue with it.

I didn't watch it last night, but were the big corporate sponsors given slots to announce their fundraising efforts?

Indeed they were

To get the people in the door, they have to do every single cheap gimmick like a Doctor who announcement.

www.radiotimes.com 

From that article, one word stands out; special. People see the likes of Blankety Blank and Repair Shop enough and does anyone really need to hear yet another cover of Somewhere Only We Know? What's special about it? The BBC can sometimes get the latest theatre production to appear on the show but the problem is that given how heavily promoted it is, that doesn't feel special either.