Children In Need

There was a Weakest Link special last night, which I think was filmed in the CiN studio? The space and graphics definitely looked different to the series last year.

Plus it must’ve been very recent given there was a question about the winner of Bake Off from Tuesday.

(19-11-2022, 08:24 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  There was a Weakest Link special last night, which I think was filmed in the CiN studio? The space and graphics definitely looked different to the series last year.

Plus it must’ve been very recent given there was a question about the winner of Bake Off from Tuesday.

Yes they used the Children in Need studio to film the special.

The first details about the 2023 edition is starting to surface.

Vernon Kay will do the 'ULTRA Ultramarathon Challenge' - 115 miles in four days from Leicester to Bolton.
Radio 2 will also be hosting a Back to the Future Musical gala performance in November.
www.bbc.co.uk 

There is new gaming promgramme related to Children in Need to air on BBC Three. Not sure if it sounds amazing in writing, but good to see that there might be something different to normal during the CiN run-up.
www.tvzoneuk.com 

Presenting line-up confirmed. Newcomer Lenny Rush joins Ade Adepitan MBE, Mel Giedroyc, Jason Manford, Chris Ramsey and Alex Scott MBE.

The jokes about Children in Need and Red Nose Day's telethons being even more almost identical now write themselves, now that both shows will be anchored by a Lenny.

www.bbc.co.uk 

It looks like The One Show has moved on from the Rickshaw Challenge.

www.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

I believe The One Show didn’t have any involvement with the Rickshaw Challenge last year? I think it was covered by BBC Breakfast & Morning Live instead

As expected, there’s just one 3 hour live show again on BBC1 this year:

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 2 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • London Lite, RhysJR

(31-10-2023, 06:34 PM)Omnipresent Wrote:  As expected, there’s just one 3 hour live show again on BBC1 this year:

www.bbc.co.uk 
The fact that CIN was scheduled into the night is somewhat a surprising thought so I get why do the big live show and that's it, but it still feels slightly underwhelming though.

Three of the music performances - the title track from the Disney film Wish, Junior Eurovision entrant STAND UNIQU3 and a medley by the cast of I Should Be So Lucky the musical - will be pre-recorded this Thursday and Friday:

www.bbc.co.uk 

So will anything actually happen live on Friday?

And just a film (Pretty Woman I think) on after the news. I don't get why they still take Graham Norton off air on the night if they're finishing at 10pm anyway. Even if pre-recorded just passing it off as part of the night makes sense.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39

(13-11-2023, 05:09 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  So will anything actually happen live on Friday?

And just a film (Pretty Woman I think) on after the news.  I don't get why they still take Graham Norton off air on the night if they're finishing at 10pm anyway.  Even if pre-recorded just passing it off as part of the night makes sense.

Yes it’s as if the person who commissions The Graham Norton Show hasn’t noticed that they no longer need to take the week off
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • AJB39