Britain’s Got Talent 2023

Looks like last night's final reached a new low - literally.

twitter.com 

It’ll probably catch up on catch up (pun intended), a lot of people probably just watch all the acts via the YouTube videos too which gets the job done in about 30 minutes rather than 2 hours

Overall though the series has held up year on year, which in the current climate is a rarity. I'd be amazed if ITV didn't renew it for at least three years through to 2027 once the current deal ends next year - and no doubt with Saturday Night Takeaway ended they won't want to lose another staple of the Spring schedule.

5.3 million for ITV1 in 2023 is actually fairly decent - people judge ITV1 entertainment shows to Strictly on BBC One - Strictly lives in a world of it's own, you can't compare anything to it, but I do feel 2023 will see Strictly drop to near ITV1 levels of overnight ratings for these types of shows.

(04-06-2023, 11:09 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  I only saw the result having not seen much of the series.

Not only was there booing when some of thoze not in the top 3 were announced, but there was also some confusion as to who was in the top 3. Not surprising, it was very odd to announce which acts were out, and then for the last one to be announced as who was going through.
Yeah, Viggo himself thought he was out, he was about to walk off the stage with the eliminated contestants!

(05-06-2023, 04:04 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Overall though the series has held up year on year, which in the current climate is a rarity. I'd be amazed if ITV didn't renew it for at least three years through to 2027 once the current deal ends next year - and no doubt with Saturday Night Takeaway ended they won't want to lose another staple of the Spring schedule.

It'll likely get to 2027 given the obsession with anniversaries in TV land.

(05-06-2023, 05:20 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  5.3 million for ITV1 in 2023 is actually fairly decent - people judge ITV1 entertainment shows to Strictly on BBC One - Strictly lives in a world of it's own, you can't compare anything to it, but I do feel 2023 will see Strictly drop to near ITV1 levels of overnight ratings for these types of shows.

It won’t. Look how well Eurovision did. Last series of Strictly only rated lower than usual because a) the World Cup messed with the scheduling of it in the last few weeks, and b) it was the weakest series in a while, it was always going to struggle coming off the back of the 2021 series- it felt somewhat uninspired, especially for a milestone 20th series- I think maybe 2022’s cast should have done the show in 2021, with 2021’s cast making up the 20th series- that would have made it feel more special.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Happy2001