Britain’s Got Talent 2023

(04-06-2023, 10:06 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  Is it me or was the audience reaction to the winner announcement really mute this time round? They didn't sound that impressed at the end.

I swear I heard booing from the audience lul.

Also is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't get why the ITV News always shows the winner of (insert big competition show here) right after that show just aired? Like I get showing it the day after but 20 seconds after it ends always weirded me out as a good chunk of the people who watch the news also watched the end of the final.

That was quite unexpected. You can’t base anything off semi finals, but for the amount of audience noise for Musa in that semi final,I definitely thought he would lift it. Didn’t watch the night Viggo performed, but it’s quite clear that multiple spanners have been subtly thrown to the producers from this night that you can throw any sob story in the world, but when every act has it, it doesn’t make them special. Turns out, you don’t even need one, you just need a shirt and something the public can properly remember the show by.
A deserved winner, but not the one I was thinking of.

And yes, I am fully aware I used “lift it” when describing the winner of a show where there’s no actual trophy. Sorry.

As Mick says, he definitely seemed to generate the biggest reaction from the crowd, so the boos that came afterwards were a little surprising. I'd argue it felt quite uncomfortable, and I feel quite sorry for Viggo trying to celebrate against it.

He makes a lot of people happy though, clearly. As I've said before, it's a nice change from your usual ten minute routine about your family or your job etc that a lot of more "regular" comedians on the show come up with.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • LouBlu08

(04-06-2023, 10:17 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I swear I heard booing from the audience lul.

Also is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't get why the ITV News always shows the winner of (insert big competition show here) right after that show just aired? Like I get showing it the day after but 20 seconds after it ends always weirded me out as a good chunk of the people who watch the news also watched the end of the final.

I also heard booing and I saw over on the official BGT Twitter page a comment by someone saying it is the first time the crowd has booed the winner.

The audience might have gotten it wrong and was out of sync with the public..

[*]Viggo - 22.5%
[*]Lillianna - 13.1%
[*]Cillian - 11.8%
[*]Malakai - 11.3%
[*]Musa - 10.9%
[*]Ghetto Kids - 10.1%
[*]Amy - 5.8%
[*]Travis - 4.4%
[*]Olivia - 4.2%
[*]Duo Odyssey - 3.0%
[*]Tonikaku - 2.9%

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Milkshake's post:
  • Brekkie

So what is the winner going to do on the royal variety in front of King Charles? This is a one hit wonder, as it gets boring quite quickly. We know what he does, and now what?

I only saw the result having not seen much of the series.

Not only was there booing when some of thoze not in the top 3 were announced, but there was also some confusion as to who was in the top 3. Not surprising, it was very odd to announce which acts were out, and then for the last one to be announced as who was going through.

I understand the audience booing the judges (when I went we were encouraged to do so), but booing the results is a bit weird especially as they probably have the chance to vote themselves during the ad break.

On another note, they’ve posted the video on Twitter and looks like they’ve nicely edited out the boos.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • Happy2001, LouBlu08

(04-06-2023, 09:36 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  Viggo Venn's performance in tonight's final seemed to be in trouble after he came on stage with a large balloon and lost grip of it, causing it to deflate when he was apparently supposed to climb inside it. Genuinely can't work out whether this was part of the act; another balloon was on standby in the wings but he quite clearly uttered an expletive when the balloon deflated. Either way, it spiced up proceedings!
I’ve watched this back a few times now. It definitely looks like part of the act - he very clearly pushed the balloon away twice - yet he also does swear twice. Yet suddenly there’s a spare balloon available that’s also a completely different colour.

Ant and Dec’s reactions also seem rehearsed.

I’m going with it being part of the act and the swearing being intentional but probably picked the wrong word due to the language barrier he kept talking about.

I dunno. Definitely made it more interesting as a performance whatever the truth of the matter. If it *was* planned that way, the fact nobody is sure means they pulled it off perfectly!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scrotnig's post:
  • Larry the Loafer

(04-06-2023, 11:08 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  So what is the winner going to do on the royal variety in front of King Charles?  This is a one hit wonder, as it gets boring quite quickly. We know what he does, and now what?
I dunno, just.... do what he did earlier? Now in front of the king I guess?