Britain’s Got Talent 2023

(04-06-2023, 11:37 PM)LouBlu08 Wrote:  I dunno, just.... do what he did earlier? Now in front of the king I guess?

He tours regularly, so I’m sure he’s got some other material.

It's a perfect act for the Royal Variety though.

It's not too difficult to see how he came through to win. Too many singing / dancing acts which ultimately split the vote.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Brekkie

(04-06-2023, 11:44 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  It's a perfect act for the Royal Variety though.

It's not too difficult to see how he came through to win. Too many singing / dancing acts which ultimately split the vote.

I didn't watch all of the final but I definitely noticed that there was a lot of singers. Kinda hard for a singer to stand out among the rest of said singers when their only real hook is singing.

I think he’s a breath of fresh air and his stage persona is quite the character. It’s utter nonsense but he definitely has something, and the yellow vests idea is ridiculous but inspired.

I’m sorry but all these dancers and singers, they’re good but it’s all just so worthy and boring. Viggo just lights up the stage and I can see exactly why he won.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • Larry the Loafer, LouBlu08, Pips2022

Is this the first time there’s been a winner that actually got buzzed in the auditions?

What is it with Nordic comedic acts winning televotes this year?

(Ironically, the act using Tattoo came second.)

Viggo is like that Wayne Clements guy, but funny.

(04-06-2023, 11:18 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  I’ve watched this back a few times now. It definitely looks like part of the act - he very clearly pushed the balloon away twice - yet he also does swear twice. Yet suddenly there’s a spare balloon available that’s also a completely different colour.

Ant and Dec’s reactions also seem rehearsed.

I’m going with it being part of the act and the swearing being intentional but probably picked the wrong word due to the language barrier he kept talking about.

I dunno. Definitely made it more interesting as a performance whatever the truth of the matter. If it *was* planned that way, the fact nobody is sure means they pulled it off perfectly!
Speaking to someone who is Norwegian-British online, they said he was probably saying "Skitt". Which can translate as the S-word, but also "Rubbish", "Dirt", "Crap".

It is apparently a word even little kids say.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TIGHazard's post:
  • Larry the Loafer

Loved that the top three all got there by winning over the public rather than being pushed by producers though say Musa and Malakai not making the top 3 one of the biggest shocks in the shows history.

Loved Viggo Venn though - it's hard to do nonsense well and he choreographed his routine with the precision Ashley Banjo choreographs Diversity, delivering three routines which were all actually different even if they had tge same central theme, unlike the pants who literally had one joke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Score

Something definitely didn't quite go to plan as the stage manager (and then Ant and Dec) had to prompt Simon to go on stage to burst the balloon. The game animation didn't seem to really match what was going on so maybe that was missing some context too?

Great final and indeed one of the best weeks of semi finals they've had in some time.
[-] The following 2 users Like gottago's post:
  • Happy2001, Score