Britain’s Got Talent 2023

Although his breakout gig was narrating Weekender for ITV2. I think he'd be quite good for the show but I'm not sure the show would be good for him - he's kind of positioned himself above all that.

I'm surprised Graham Norton was in contention too considering there is often a clash with Eurovision and the live shows. Alan Carr might be a shout considering his friendship with Amanda and it looks like Epic Gameshow has probably come to an end.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, GMc

Yes Alan Carr is probably a good shout, especially as one lot of producers see him and Graham as more or less interchangeable on another TV judging panel. But realistically I think Alan would fit in better on that show whereas Graham might be a too dry.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, DeMarkay

If it has to be a comedian, then I could easily see Jason Manford or Dawn French on the panel, both have experience of being judges on other shows - and Dawn's even been on Australia's Got Talent. Not sure whether they'd want 3 women on the panel though, so maybe you'd go Simon, Amanda, Ashley Banjo and Dawn perhaps?

(09-01-2023, 11:22 PM)sjames Wrote:  If it has to be a comedian, then I could easily see Jason Manford or Dawn French on the panel, both have experience of being judges on other shows - and Dawn's even been on Australia's Got Talent. Not sure whether they'd want 3 women on the panel though, so maybe you'd go Simon, Amanda, Ashley Banjo and Dawn perhaps?

I’d replace Amanda before Alesha any day of the week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay, strollfan

Looks like it's Alan Carr
www.google.co.uk 

It had to be someone older viewers knew as going young and trendy backfired for X Factor when they tried it. At this stage in his career and because of his personality, Carr's not going to land a bigger, more serious gig. BGT is also a show in decline so an up and coming comic will stay well clear.

(10-01-2023, 02:56 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  It had to be someone older viewers knew as going young and trendy backfired for X Factor when they tried it. At this stage in his career and because of his personality, Carr's not going to land a bigger, more serious gig. BGT is also a show in decline so an up and coming comic will stay well clear.
You might have a point about Carr. But I’m sure many up and coming comics would take the job. There still aren’t really any bigger platforms.

(09-01-2023, 10:27 AM)Brekkie Wrote:   it looks like Epic Gameshow has probably come to an end.
What makes you think that?

It seems it's not yet determined and Bruno Tonioli is in the running.

(11-01-2023, 01:39 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(09-01-2023, 10:27 AM)Brekkie Wrote:   it looks like Epic Gameshow has probably come to an end.
What makes you think that?

Well there has been no contestant calls for the show and there are no recording dates. So seems unlikely that it would air in its usual April / May slot this year?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Brekkie