Britain’s Got Talent 2023

(11-01-2023, 09:00 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  
(11-01-2023, 01:39 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  What makes you think that?

Well there has been no contestant calls for the show and there are no recording dates. So seems unlikely that it would air in its usual April / May slot this year?

It was more over the summer last year? 

ITV1 Saturday nights are basically full until the BGT finishes, with Starstruck, In For A Penny & 1% Club returning. The only show that would open a slot is Romeo & Duet not returning - but I wonder if Moneyball might end up there.

(11-01-2023, 09:40 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  It was more over the summer last year? 

Ah yes, you are right it was June / July last year, the only entertainment show all summer basically.

They've got Moneyball, Sitting on a Fortune and Family Fortunes on the shelf from last year too.

(11-01-2023, 10:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  

Ah yes, you are right it was June / July last year, the only entertainment show all summer basically.

They've got Moneyball, Sitting on a Fortune and Family Fortunes on the shelf from last year too.

It was although the series that aired last Summer was filmed in December 2021, so the lack of contestant call-out or filming dates doesn’t bode especially well.

They probably don’t need it, as you’ve said they’ve got those shows on the shelf, plus a lot of episodes of Celebrity Chase as they didn’t air a full series in 2022. Millionaire also has leftover episodes from last year and is recording another series next month.

I notice there are a lot of Saturday primetime fixtures in the Rugby World Cup which runs through Sept/Oct. The Voice is definitely back so I wonder if that might have to move? Guessing they won’t recommission The Masked Dancer.

Either way they’ve definitely got enough content to not need to show Bond repeats through the Summer again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Score's post:
  • iloveTV1

(11-01-2023, 10:55 PM)Score Wrote:  
(11-01-2023, 10:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Ah yes, you are right it was June / July last year, the only entertainment show all summer basically.

I notice there are a lot of Saturday primetime fixtures in the Rugby World Cup which runs through Sept/Oct. The Voice is definitely back so I wonder if that might have to move? Guessing they won’t recommission The Masked Dancer.

Either way they’ve definitely got enough content to not need to show Bond repeats through the Summer again.
Having checked there will be rugby on Saturday nights from 9th September to 28th October, so I suspect The Voice will move from where it was last year to either the summer (in a similar slot to where The Voice Kids used to air) or to November (with a couple of double weekends to make sure it’s wrapped up before Christmas). Considering the Kids show would come shortly after the series would finish were it to start in November I wouldn’t be surprised to see the show move to a Summer slot.

The Masked Dancer did pretty poorly last series but tbh I wouldn’t be surprised if they did commission another series to air alongside The Voice in that summer slot.

What will go in TV Showdown's slot seeing as it was axed?

(11-01-2023, 10:10 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  

How many Family Fortunes do they still have to show? Are these still from a 2021 filming session? As it doesn’t feel like they aired more then 4/5 before the World Cup started at the end of last year?

On the subject of Celebrity Chase above, I see that’s taking Sunday 5:30 from this week.

(11-01-2023, 11:43 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  What will go in TV Showdown's slot seeing as it was axed?

Nothing probably, the news will just be earlier.

(11-01-2023, 11:43 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  What will go in TV Showdown's slot seeing as it was axed?

Jonathan Ross is back I believe, following a shorter than usual run in the Autumn.

Sounds like Alan won’t be a judge after all, and that Simon is now considering guest judges for the auditions.

mobile.twitter.com 

(15-01-2023, 01:25 AM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Sounds like Alan won’t be a judge after all, and that Simon is now considering guest judges for the auditions.

mobile.twitter.com 

Looks like we’ll be getting Cheryl or Louis or someone then, from his usual crop of pals.