International News Presentation: Past and Present

And it's a big week for Brazilian television:
SBT not only reformatted SBT Brasil and moved it out of the newsroom-adjacent studio (with its 11-year-old videowall), but moved its entire news department out of it (except for celebrity gossip show Fofocalizando, which remains there for the time being), into the much larger Studio 4 (which also houses their new morning magazine show, Chega Mais).

The changes started with SBT News na TV (their overnight broadcast):
www.youtube.com 

Immediately followed by the much-shortened morning newscast, Primeiro Impacto (cut in half, from seven - !!! - to three and a half hours - two of them national - with the other half going to Chega Mais), which shares the set with SBT News na TV:
www.youtube.com 

(That's not all for SBT, which will debut its new early evening newsmagazine, Tá na Hora, next Monday, from another set at the same Studio 4)

Over at TV Globo, the new São Paulo news studio was launched last night, still overlooking the newsroom, but now covered by a massive transparent LED screen.

First, a preview of the new set during the Rio-based Jornal Nacional:
www.youtube.com 

Then, the actual launch, on Jornal da Globo (which got new graphics and a new opening sequence, but the musical theme - which dates back from the 1990s and whose current version is now 10 years old, launched in 2014 - didn't get any changes), with a longer-than-usual end credits sequence, with the names of everyone involved in the new set before the usual sequence:
www.youtube.com 

Earlier today (at 4am BRT), it was Hora Um's turn to use the new set (though there were no further changes to graphics or music), also with the long credits:
www.youtube.com 

Jornal Hoje will complete the launch of the new São Paulo set later today, at 1:25pm BRT.
[-] The following 2 users Like ArthurVX's post:
  • Medianext.MX, W. Knight

That screen is an impressive effect - the slightly visible newsroom through the graphics doesn't distract the eye, and works well with the AR too.

And here is how the new TV Globo set in São Paulo looks like on their midday newscast, Jornal Hoje (which, like Hora Um, has the rest of its on-air presentation unchanged):
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArthurVX's post:
  • Medianext.MX

(14-03-2024, 01:28 AM)ArthurVX Wrote:  And here is how the new TV Globo set in São Paulo looks like on their midday newscast, Jornal Hoje (which, like Hora Um, has the rest of its on-air presentation unchanged):
www.youtube.com 

The only physical changes (ignoring the standing desks) are the floor, the white part. Seems that each show has their own patterns, with H1 using wood, JH using white with a pattern that match the desk, and JG using a circular pattern (that matches the black parts, even the clock-like decor)

GMA Integrated News's bulletin, 24 Oras in the Philippines has just celebrated their 20th Anniversary today.
www.youtube.com 

Compilation of intros from 2004 till 2024 at: 1:58

Hungary’s state-controlled news channel M1 has launched a new look and updated set for Híradó (News).

www.youtube.com 

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes hghdfntn's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Kanal D's newscasts in Romania received a graphics update and a new symbol, opting for a simple dot than the C symbol since 2017. The transitions looked similar to Franceinfo of sorts:
www.youtube.com 

(01-02-2024, 11:55 AM)W. Knight Wrote:  Infomativo Teledos (TL2) and El Noticiero (EN6), TCS' sister newscasts to Canal 4, also rebranded. The former now bears a flatter lower thirds and new abbreviation, while the latter incorporates more live-action shots and much larger graphics.
Completing the El Salvadorian rebrand, TCS Noticias, the morning newscast across three channels, has a slightly redrawn symbol and a new set.
www.youtube.com 

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

In their own words:
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(16-03-2024, 04:59 PM)hghdfntn Wrote:  Hungary’s state-controlled news channel M1 has launched a new look and updated set for Híradó (News).

www.youtube.com 

i.ibb.co 
i.ibb.co 
i.ibb.co 
i.ibb.co 
i.ibb.co 
i.ibb.co 

I still have a soft spot for the look they had when they first relaunched as a news channel back in 2015.

youtu.be 

There was a longer video from launch day that had a bunch of BTS clips, but I can't seem to find it now.

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

CNA a Singaporean news channel owned by Mediacorp has celebrated their 25th Anniversary on 19 March 2024 and will introduce a new TV News Bulletin known as East Asia Tonight, a revival of the original program that was replaced by Primetime Asia back in 2011 will air every weekdays at 6pm.
www.channelnewsasia.com 

(08-03-2024, 07:17 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  In Chile, Mega Media is set to launch their own news channel, Meganoticias Ahora, on cable starting March 18.
Meganoticias Ahora is now on air, largely using their existing graphics since 2022. Their programme junction, menu and promos look like this:
www.youtube.com 

The break bumper is in a different style:
www.youtube.com 

(13-03-2024, 02:46 PM)ArthurVX Wrote:  That's not all for SBT, which will debut its new early evening newsmagazine, Tá na Hora, next Monday, from another set at the same Studio 4.
This was the debut edition of Tá na Hora.
www.youtube.com 

The first hour is broadcast nationally from 5.30, while regional affiliates take over for 15 minutes afterwards. Case in point: Tá na Hora SC in Santa Catarina (a state in Southern Brazil).
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 2 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • Hadrien, xlalonce