Corrie

Coronation Street and the Co-op are ‘parting ways’, which can only be good news for Dev’s…

www.instagram.com =
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • Stuart

They left in the "continues in half an hour" caption on today's second ITV3 episode- I think the first, or maybe second, time that's been left in rather then putting on the end credits from the second part.

An article by The Guardian on the current state of the show. I don't watch, so I'm not sure how mhch of this is written from a rose-tinted glasses perspective, or if it is all pertinent.

www.theguardian.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • DE88, Spencer

I went into reading that thinking, here we go, it’ll be a typical Guardian story sneering at old school linear television, particularly not very trendy working class ITV programming.

But actually It wasn’t like that, It isn’t a rant, it isn’t tabloid style demanding stuff and making out everything is in crisis. It’s actually quite a fair summary.
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew's post:
  • chevron, DE88, Juicy Joe, RhysJR, Stuart, UTVLifer

Yes a fairly fair summary, including a nod to how they get complaints for too many episodes then complaints everytime it's bumped out of the schedules by the football.

It comes to something when the Guardian is implying you’re too woke!

Yes it’s quite a good read. I haven’t watched Coronation Street regularly in years.

Saw some comments on Twitter about how the show invested in a Police set which has lead to the increased crime based stories, not sure how true this is? Or how it relates? As EastEnders has a police set and they don’t seem to lean so heavy into showing it every week?

To make the already completely unfeasible dimensions of The Rovers Return even worse, they appear to have added a massive new professional catering kitchen to the set as seen in last nights episode.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Juicy Joe

(03-04-2024, 03:39 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  To make the already completely unfeasible dimensions of The Rovers Return even worse, they appear to have added a massive new professional catering kitchen to the set as seen in last nights episode.

Well, I've just caught up on that episode, and the size of that kitchen complete with an emergency exit, is ridiculous. The previous kitchen, albeit one that would be causing a roadblock on Rosamund Street, it was still big enough for a relatively small pub where the only hot food on offer is Betty's Hot Pot! The kitchen at the Rovers is now a similar size to the one at the Bistro (if not slightly bigger) and is big enough to effectively be breaching into the medical centre and Dev's chippy, never mind just Rosamund Street!
[-] The following 2 users Like TheGregmeister's post:
  • DJ Dave, Stuart

Still not as bad as pre-1986 when they had the massive select function room in the pub...