Corrie

First use of CGI too with the move to wide-screen? I noticed a virtual set extension with a back lane of terraces extending behind the corner shop in one of the advert breaks and the tram over the viaduct in the closing credits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes msim's post:
  • The Decimator

Today’s episode is a classic example of how I wish there was some budget set aside for some location filming

This play they’ve been rehearsing for months, instead of taking place at a theatre (due to flooding) ends up being done in the Bistro with a stage about a metre across and an audience of about 15 people.

Surely they could have filmed in a small theatre somewhere in the North West

Yeah, if the audience is that small, wouldn't it realistically have been cancelled outright?

(14-12-2022, 09:30 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Today’s episode is a classic example of how I wish there was some budget set aside for some location filming

This play they’ve been rehearsing for months, instead of taking place at a theatre (due to flooding) ends up being done in the Bistro with a stage about a metre across and an audience of about 15 people.

Surely they could have filmed in a small theatre somewhere in the North West

The MET Theatre in Bury could've been a good choice, or even the Whitefield Garrick Theatre about 2 and a bit miles away from there.

Quite ridiculous that for years everything seems to take place in either the bistro or Debbie's hotel.

Indeed it was nice to see Classic Corrie go 16:9 yesterday on ITV3, complete with a new view of Rosumand Street, which would be changed again later when they moved to the new lot in 2013.

[Image: Corrie-2002.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • The Decimator

At least ITV3 got the switch of Corrie to 16:9 right, when it was Emmerdale's first 16:9 episode, the first few minutes were squashed into 4:3 until someone finally realised and flicked the switch (the DOG was still in the 4:3 position until the second part though).

They add sound effects to the opening titles after a while.

I've just noticed the new 'double squeeze' ECP at the end of Classic Corrie on ITV3.

That entire 'smokey' credit sequence in the early 2000s was designed to have any ECP information on the left. I dread to think how someone watching this on a 22" screen would manage to read any of the text.

They must have the data to recreate the credits in the standard format, they've done it for many other programmes in the past. This now just looks rather silly and lazy on the part of ITV.

[Image: Corrie-Squeeze-Squeze-2002.jpg]

I would have thought it’d be easier to just make an ECP that is the mirror image of the one in use, and just place it over the top of the full screen image without any reduction in size
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Ma76, Stuart