Corrie

The classic episodes have only very rarely have ECPs on them anyway, so it's very likely there weren't going to be any anyway, whether anyone's noticed and complained or not.

The Heineken Zero pump's been prominent on the Rover's bar for months (as well as on the Woolpack), and now today we've had Stephen actually order it by name. I guess those product placement pounds are flowing in!

I don't think we've had any of the companies that have had product placement on Corrie mentioned in dialogue before, even with everyone having EE routers and drinking from Costa cups and having co-op bags and loyalty cards hanging up.

Did you notice that last night and tonight’s episodes had extra long theme music with loads of extra crew members getting credited.
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew's post:
  • CocuGrimshaw2001, DJ Dave, Ma76, Pips2022, stusoldvideo

(26-12-2022, 09:43 PM)James2001 Wrote:  The Heineken Zero pump's been prominent on the Rover's bar for months (as well as on the Woolpack), and now today we've had Stephen actually order it by name. I guess those product placement pounds are flowing in!

I don't think we've had any of the companies that have had product placement on Corrie mentioned in dialogue before, even with everyone having EE routers and drinking from Costa cups and having co-op bags and loyalty cards hanging up.
I think that the Co-op has been mentioned a few times - once by Daniel saying he had just been there.

I thought the Heineken 0.0% reference tonight was a bit odd, and maybe shoehorned in a little bit. The subtitles on Virgin Media One didn't mention it as Heineken by name, just that he would have a pint.

(26-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Did you notice that last night and tonight’s episodes had extra long theme music with loads of extra crew members getting credited.
I think a few programmes do this around Christmas/New Year to include everyone from the production team throughout the whole year, regardless of whether or not they were involved in that particular broadcast.

(26-12-2022, 11:07 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(26-12-2022, 09:57 PM)Andrew Wrote:  Did you notice that last night and tonight’s episodes had extra long theme music with loads of extra crew members getting credited.
I think a few programmes do this around Christmas/New Year to include everyone from the production team throughout the whole year, regardless of whether or not they were involved in that particular broadcast.
I remember Brookside used to do this with everyone’s names on a big roller, but no job titles. I think one year they had it over a group photo of the full cast and crew.

EastEnders usually does it once a year too, they used to do it on the final omnibus of the year, but since the omnibus went, it ends up on a regular episode at some point between christmas and new year.

Had to laugh at Teddy being hit by the car last night, it looked so fake, like he was deflating. I've seen people do more convincing when they've made YouTube videos of them messing around in after effects.

they use to have the crew waving at one point

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes DJ Dave's post:
  • Si-Co

First appearance of the precinct set tonight.