5 News

Global have studios in Leeds used for Capital Yorkshire which Dan can use when he's in Sheffield.

It does seem increasingly ITN staff have a radio gig on the side, either regularly or as regular stand ins.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • lookoutwales, UTVLifer

(03-01-2024, 08:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It does seem increasingly ITN staff have a radio gig on the side, either regularly or as regular stand ins.

As far as I know, the on-air talent at 5 News are contracted to Channel 5 rather than ITN.

He's clearly effectively self-employed though, rather than a Channel 5 or ITN permanent staffer. Would have thought that was a pretty common arrangement for many broadcasters on the BBC and in the commercial sector.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luc's post:
  • UTVLifer

So before the documentary on Margrethe II I caught the 5 News Update, and I noticed with great surprise that the endboard at the end had the old ITN logo on it, the documentary following after it had the correct ITN logo at the endboard
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roger Darthwell's post:
  • UTVLifer

(06-01-2024, 08:35 PM)Roger Darthwell Wrote:  So before the documentary on Margrethe II I caught the 5 News Update, and I noticed with great surprise that the endboard at the end had the old ITN logo on it, the documentary following after it had the correct ITN logo at the endboard

Was it a BBC Studios co-production?? Big Grin Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije has left 5 News apparently due to a pay dispute. Might explain why she's been absent a lot;

CL has set up her own YouTube account yesterday where she teased what she's been up to in the last year.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Michael 18

I hope for her sake it’s not a pay dispute as it won’t come across well that she is boasting about her 6 figure salary whilst thinking she should be paid even more.
[-] The following 1 user Likes qwerty123's post:
  • Pips2022

(29-02-2024, 07:56 PM)XIII Wrote:  Claudia-Liza Vanderpuije has left 5 News apparently due to a pay dispute. Might explain why she's been absent a lot;
Mailonline did a piece on that allegation earlier that vanished from their website when Claudia claimed it was bollocks:

x.com 

Whatever it is, setting up a YouTube channel specifically directing people to a video where you promise you’ll reveal all - only to say in that video you can’t talk about it for another week - is clickbait incarnate.