Sky TV presentation

(01-03-2023, 06:23 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(28-02-2023, 08:19 PM)Lyric Wrote:  There's this one show among others that a friend of mine wishes could be rebroadcast one day, it was on an old channel named "Trouble" back then, part of a line of channels by "Flextech" - "Cruel Summer", it was called.

A spin off from The Children's Channel, aimed at teenagers. Shared it's transponder with Bravo.

Are you sure you didn't get the name of the programme wrong though? The only show called Cruel Summer I found on Wikipedia is a Freeform series from 2021, not the 1990s. Ironically, that show is actually set in the 90s.

www.youtube.com 

Here's a promo for it, supposedly the second season.

It definitely was called Cruel Summer. There was also Cruel Winter and Cruel Holiday.

www.ukgameshows.com 

(01-03-2023, 06:49 PM)ACTV Wrote:  It definitely was called Cruel Summer. There was also Cruel Winter and Cruel Holiday.

www.ukgameshows.com 

www.youtube.com 

Here's a promo for Cruel Winter, from FTN

I remember the programme being advertised, but don’t remember watching it.

A quick search has brought up these trailers from what seems to be the second series.

youtu.be 

youtu.be 

An airing of Cruel Winter from December 2001, I believe this is from it's original TX date in the UK:
youtu.be 

(01-03-2023, 08:17 PM)Tola Wrote:  An airing of Cruel Winter from December 2001, I believe this is from it's original TX date in the UK:
youtu.be 
Not quite…
The original trailer from Cruel Winter stated that it started on “New Years Day @ 5PM.” And with it being hinted that the recording is from the 3rd Episode of the series as implied by the announcer, it isn’t the original TX date.
youtu.be 

In addition, the on-screen graphic that says “Repeat” indicates that this a repeat of a live episode from after its original TX date, so I’m guessing this aired sometime around Mid or Late January or even Early February, depending on how spread out the episodes were.

TL;DR, I am that aforementioned friend who Lyric said wanted to see this series again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RM94's post:
  • Tola

www.youtube.com 

Times New Roman. This is a personal gripe, but I think that font's not good, lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lyric's post:
  • TVFan

youtu.be 

Seems like Sky Max are using a 1980's styled identity to promote the new Sky show "A Town Called Malice". A neat callback, and a happy coincidence it is nearly 40 years since Sky launched (as a company).
[-] The following 6 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Happy2001, insert_good_username_here, Josh, orange, Roger Darthwell, TVFan

Might have got away with it if they kept the Sky One branding, but no, this just looks strange.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • Gary Baldy, insert_good_username_here, orange, Stuart

(15-03-2023, 11:10 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Might have got away with it if they kept the Sky One branding, but no, this just looks strange.
I disagree. I think it looks all right for what they're trying to achieve. It's nice to see them acknowledging their heritage, especially as most channels are loathe to do so.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kojak's post:
  • benzj, DeMarkay, orange, thePineapple