Sky TV presentation

Before the thread veers too off topic, linear channel discussion has been moved to it's own thread.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cappuccino's post:
  • Spencer

(18-12-2023, 05:54 PM)Transmission Wrote:  Speaking of Sky Cinema - I caught a promo for Across the Spiderverse which ends with the Sky Cinema logo 'glitching' through multiversal variants like numerous things in the film do (including things like the Columbia Pictures logo) and there was definitely an early 90s-style logo in there somewhere. A nice touch.
Bumping up on this: Finally saw recording of it on YouTube today. A great nod indeed - if only they could do the same for Sky Max back in March!
www.youtube.com 

Blink and you might miss it:

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 4 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, RhysJR, Transmission

It’s basically the 1993-95 Sky Movies logo with “Movies” changed to “Cinema” in the same font.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rdd's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

Is there a significance of a koopa shell from Super Mario World being in this, considering that the glitching logo is supposed to be a Spider-Man reference?

(29-12-2023, 06:26 PM)rick Wrote:  Is there a significance of a koopa shell from Super Mario World being in this, considering that the glitching logo is supposed to be a Spider-Man reference?

No the Koopa shell was for a separate promo for the Super Mario Movie (great movie) - the Sky Cinema logo was pixelated and glitched in a few colors at the end of this promo. The video linked above only has the last few seconds of both promos.

They are promo-ing the life out of the Super Mario Bros. Movie too, I suspect it’s tieing in with that!

Watched the E! UK final closedown just now and I am left questioning this...
Why on earth are the channel numbers on the slide?
Why on earth have they used an outdated E! logo?

cdn.discordapp.com &
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • bkman1990, giiiuls, interestednovice, JamieMurph25, Roger Darthwell

(01-01-2024, 01:47 AM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Watched the E! UK final closedown just now and I am left questioning this...
Why on earth are the channel numbers on the slide?
Why on earth have they used an outdated E! logo?

cdn.discordapp.com &

Ideally there should have been a pointer to Hayu, but why bother when no one's watching?

The channel has been on autopilot for a couple of years now. Movies24 will end up getting closed in the same way, hard to believe that out of all of NBCUniversal's channels it's the only one that has been left untouched. But I'm sure Sky will eventually close it one day
[-] The following 4 users Like Rex's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, giiiuls, interestednovice, Stuart

(01-01-2024, 03:39 AM)Rex Wrote:  Ideally there should have been a pointer to Hayu, but why bother when no one's watching?

The channel has been on autopilot for a couple of years now. Movies24 will end up getting closed in the same way, hard to believe that out of all of NBCUniversal's channels it's the only one that has been left untouched. But I'm sure Sky will eventually close it one day

Funnily enough, not once today was their any mention of E! closing or the channel's content moving to Hayu. I have a slight suspicion people will turn to the channel tomorrow and will feel very bemused.

It's not like Sky to take one of their TV channels for granted, right? Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like callumwatchestelly's post:
  • giiiuls, interestednovice

(29-12-2023, 05:48 PM)Rdd Wrote:  It’s basically the 1993-95 Sky Movies logo with “Movies” changed to “Cinema” in the same font.
It might have looked better if they'd used the real Sky Cinema logo from 2003-2007. I appreciate that it didn't show latest hits, but that's not what they were promoting here.

The earlier one from 1998-2002 wouldn't really have fitted in with the alignment of the flipping lateral logos.

(Source: Logopedia)
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • ethanjbrady, interestednovice, Jeff