Sky TV presentation

Can I say, good use of spot promotion during tonight's 'Monday Night Football' (February 19th) to plug the finale of "True Detective: Night Country" using the virtual surroundings of the studio ahead of the Everton vs. Crystal Palace match.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamieMurph25's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, RhysJR

m.quotenmeter.de 

Sky Germany will reduce its Sky Cinema to just 5 channels

I'm curious whether similar change will come to the UK and Italy or not, maybe not as pronounced , as Germany has always been anti-pay TV, to an extent,and they're struggling
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kunst's post:
  • RhysJR

You would think of all the services Sky offer movies would be the one where people go to on demand before the channels.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, callumwatchestelly, eyeTV, Kunst, SB678

I guess there is an element of discovery and curation with a linear offer.

(Yesterday, 08:46 PM)Kunst Wrote:  m.quotenmeter.de 

Sky Germany will reduce its Sky Cinema to just 5 channels

I'm curious whether similar change will come to the UK and Italy or not, maybe not as pronounced , as Germany has always been anti-pay TV, to an extent,and they're struggling
The reduction of linear movie channels feels like an evitability, which will happen sooner or later. I can see the benefit of retaining some linear channels, such as most of the ones mentioned in that article (Premiere, Classics, Action, Family, and the addition of Highlights). I wonder if like in the UK the 'Action' channel will get periodically rebranded for franchises. Presumably the ability to temporarily rebrand a channel to the likes of 'Sky Cinema Harry Potter' is profitable for Sky, and in some cases might even be part of a sponsorship/rights deal.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Brekkie, Gary Baldy

(6 hours ago)Keith Wrote:  Presumably the ability to temporarily rebrand a channel to the likes of 'Sky Cinema Harry Potter' is profitable for Sky

Curious what you mean by this, do you think the addition of a pop up linear channel motivates new subscribers? Or do you think it's more about making existing subscribers feel like they're getting more from their subscription (and less likely to cancel)? Or something else?

I can't imagine the individual cinema channels are viewed as individual cost centres any more, possibly haven't been since the days of Sky Premiere/MovieMax.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com