Catchpoint
Epic Gameshow
8 Out of 10 Cats

Reboots:

Strike It Lucky
Chain Letters
Taggart
I thought the wall was already shelved?

Yeah, host Danny Dyer quit in May and it was cancelled in July.
www.ukgameshows.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • London Lite, Superman1986

I remember reading it was "shelved" so maybe my prediction wasn't in too much danger of being wrong. TOTP is another that wouldn't be surprising to be dropped in favour of a Radio 1 Review of the Year as previously suggested. Ninja Warrior as much as it's loved by people I don't see how it can survive with its ratings and Gladiators returning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • Superman1986

My predictions for 2023:

ITV - Will retain their 13 franchises for the next 10 years but will concentrate more of their resources into ITVX including a new sports channel, a new news channel, a PPV channel to go in their premium section and possibly even more channels in their streaming service. Will probably announce profits for the streaming service as well.

BBC - Will cut back due to more and more people cancelling their TV Licences. May copy ITVX and set up their own streaming service along with premium services.

Channel 4 - I doubt much will change and will remain in the public hands. May create more and more 'shocking' programmes but that's probably it.

Channel 5 - Will retain their PSB contract for the next 10 years with the view on more UK programming in the near future.

Sky - Will do an ITV and concentrate more on the streaming side with the view of merging it with NOW TV to create a new service. May also continue with its new digital box that is hosting all the other streaming services including Netflix, Amazon TV and Paramount+ etc.

UKTV - Like someone else predicted, I think it will all go on Freeview. I wouldn't be surprised if BBC Studios would sell 50% again to another media group. Maybe ITV or someone else.

Local TV - It wouldn't surprise me if David Montgomery sold more TV time via Local TV like he has with TalkTV. I also wouldn't be surprised if he launched radio stations using the Local brand.

That's TV - Could do a deal with GB News to broadcast their breakfast and evening shows. May broadcast more and more old shows for the evenings as well. Will probably sell the regional channels to either Local TV or another company and concentrate more on the music channels which seem to be doing well.

WBD - Will conclude their partnership deal with BT Sport in the near future unless something dramatic happens. Will continue their overhaul of their stations in regards to their programmes and movies.

Paramount - Will keep their ownership of Channel 5 and may concentrate more on it in the near future.

Narrative Capital - Already setting up a new channel dedicated to romantic movies. May continue further expansion or stay as they are for this year.

BT Group - Will conclude their partnership deal with WBD for the sports channels. Will not be surprised if they expand their sports programming portfolio.

GB News - Will more than likely reach 1,000,000 YouTube subscribers. Probably have new studios. Eamonn may retire due to his health issues. Will do a deal with That's TV for their screen time. Will look to overtake Talk as the most listened to radio station out of the two.

TalkTV - They will either overhaul the whole station or they will take it off the screens and become solely a radio station again. Piers will go off to Fox News.

DAZN - Something tells me that they could develop a relationship with all the sports leagues here with a view to buying their TV rights in the next 2-5 years.

(30-12-2022, 11:00 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  I remember reading it was "shelved" so maybe my prediction wasn't in too much danger of being wrong. TOTP is another that wouldn't be surprising to be dropped in favour of a Radio 1 Review of the Year as previously suggested. Ninja Warrior as much as it's loved by people I don't see how it can survive with its ratings and Gladiators returning.

You know that Gladiators will be on BBC One, not ITV1, right? It's return won't affect Ninja Warrior. Wouldn't surprise me to see contestants on Gladiators who've already been on NW though - or even former NW competitors becoming Gladiators.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Rijowhi, Superman1986

I'm not quite the prediction type so I'm gonna go with some relatively tame predictions (in the areas I'm actually read up on)

- Plans for a new "digital switchover" of sorts for the conversion of at least one of the PSB muxes to T2 (plans which probably wouldn't be executed until at least 2024)

- The Daily Express makes ~30 articles about SKY'S NEW FREE LATEST UPGRADE/DOWNGRADE FOR CUSTOMERS!!!

- At least one of these articles will talk about the BBC One Nightlight service

- Many many many many many people on this very forum will complain about the death of the BBC (freebie)

- At least one major technical issue on one of the big 5 broadcasters

- BBC News's rebrand that we've been talking about for ages will finally come around (please)

- Sky announce plans to wind down their current DVB-S services/plans to convert a lot of stuff to HD (not a shot in the dark considering that they're already upgrading everyone to Q)

That'll do, I'm sure I'll get told that a lot of these are already happening Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like SunburntRock89's post:
  • Ma76, Superman1986

RTÉ One in Ireland gets new idents. The current ones are way out of date for it's viewers.

The WRC 2023 in Dubai will vote to implement a new 5G broadcast standard for broadcasters located in Region 1 which includes the EU & UK.

As Cúla 4 is due to launch for the kids on Irish TV platforms in the future. Saorview should be upgraded to T2 transmission right across the Republic of Ireland to allow it broadcast the new channel.

BBC News rebrands in April as expected but the intended relaunch is an absolute disaster for it's viewership figures. It draws too many complaints from viewers about it having near identical news programme schedules taken from both BBC One & Two.

Sky News & Euronews will launch in HD on satellite in the UK & Ireland. Concurrently Sky will drop the HD charge and introduce a new charge for new UHD channels to their subscribers.

Channel 4 introduces HD/UHD streaming on it's new streaming platform for the first time when it undergoes it's rebrand in the spring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • Superman1986

Holly and Phil finally leave This Morning. I know someone predicts this every year but I think they’ll have probably had enough by now. With Alison Hammond becoming the shows lead female presenter as her star continues to rise

I’m A Celebrity All Stars/South Africa episodes to premiere on ITV X.

ITV commission ‘Greengrass’ a hard hitting prequel to the much loved 60s drama Heartbeat.

The Men’s Six Nations finally get new graphics based upon the Women’s tournament last year and Autumn international.

New Deal or No Deal launches with a £500,000 jackpot. (Rumour has it, it’s down for daytime sharing the slot with The Chase).

Channel 5 continue their foray into original British drama, with ‘McCririck’, a biopic based on life of the much missed horse racing pundit.

ITV X outbids the BBC for rights to RuPaul’s Drag Race UK.

BT Sport become ‘Max Sports’ with the tagline ‘powered by EE’.

Nick Owen retires from the BBC, only to be reunited again on a occasional basis with Anne Diamond on GB News.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • Rijowhi, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(03-01-2023, 05:16 PM)Jon Wrote:  Holly and Phil finally leave This Morning. I know someone predicts this every year but I think they’ll have probably had enough by now. With Alison Hammond becoming the shows lead female presenter as her star continues to rise

I’m A Celebrity All Stars/South Africa episodes to premiere on ITV X.

ITV commission ‘Greengrass’ a hard hitting prequel to the much loved 60s drama Heartbeat.

The Men’s Six Nations finally get new graphics based upon the Women’s tournament last year and Autumn international.

New Deal or No Deal launches with a £500,000 jackpot. (Rumour has it, it’s down for daytime sharing the slot with The Chase).

Channel 5 continue their foray into original British drama, with ‘McCririck’, a biopic based on life of the much missed horse racing pundit.

ITV X outbids the BBC for rights to RuPaul’s Drag Race UK.

BT Sport become ‘Max Sports’ with the tagline ‘powered by EE’.

Nick Owen retires from the BBC, only to be reunited again on a occasional basis with Anne Diamond on GB News.

Very bold and outside the box predictions. Yet it wouldn’t surprise me if at least 80% of the above happened especially Holly and Phil along with Nick Owen joining GB News.

Bit late, but here we go

Channel 4 doesn't air the Coronation, but instead a number of documentaries on the day itself.

TOWIE to be axed (partially wishful thinking, but could see it happening)

A new local programme launches on ITV (in a low rating slot)

New series of Deal or No Deal to flop

A new permanent, previously unknown co-presenter of Pointless is announced

The Chase to take a longer than usual summer break

Line of Duty to air over three nights on 26th, 27th and 28th December. All three episodes break 10m

Phil and Holly to cut This Morning down to three days a week, in view to Alison and Dermot taking over the main role in 2024

Jeremy Clarkson steps down from WWTBAM
[-] The following 1 user Likes JLav25's post:
  • Superman1986