TV Predictions 2023

I don’t think a new version of DOND would flop, because it wouldn’t have the competition it had when it was on Channel 4. It’s a good format depending on the host and how it’s implemented, but I can’t see it being more successful than The Chase so in that regard it might be a flop. But sometimes it’s difficult to show what shows will work or won’t so you might be right.

I can’t see ITV launching a new local show, unless it’s a replacement for their existing monthly one, if that’s still a thing. They won’t spend multiple new shows with low appeal when they can fill a slot with one show.

Other than that a fairly realistic set of predictions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Rijowhi, Superman1986

Some predictions

BBC moves increasingly to streaming first.
ITV puts all their soaps up on ITVX weekly box sets
Britain Got Talent is announced to be ending in 2024.
The Voice is axed.
The BBC commission an educational type game show.
Tom Bradby announces he will leave ITV News - possibly after the next general election night.
Huw Edwards announces he will leave the BBC after the next general election night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • UTVLifer

I think Dancing on Ice ending (again) is more likely.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

Tv predictions for 2023
BBC Three acquiring the rights of older seasons of family guy (s1-s10) and American Dad (s1-s11)
ITV2 HD launching on freeview
New MTV Music channels in 2023
Strictly Come Dancing getting cancelled
Sky and channel 4 loses the rights of the Simpsons

lol, the first one won't be happening. If ITV loses them they'll be going to Disney+.

Strictly getting the axe is a ludicrous suggestion as well.

Can't see The Simpsons leaving C4. Sky is a slightly more credible prediction.

I can't see ITV2 launching in HD on PSB3 either. ITVX is the place to go for Freeview viewers to watch 2-4 and Be in HD.

(07-01-2023, 12:26 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  lol, the first one won't be happening. If ITV loses them they'll be going to Disney+.

It does beg the question, how long does Strictly have to continue losing viewers before the BBC would consider axing it?

(07-01-2023, 04:11 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  
(07-01-2023, 12:26 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  lol, the first one won't be happening. If ITV loses them they'll be going to Disney+.

It does beg the question, how long does Strictly have to continue losing viewers before the BBC would consider axing it?

If it goes below 7 Million I presume. It hasn't lost enough viewers for it to be axed on that metric.

(07-01-2023, 04:11 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  It does beg the question, how long does Strictly have to continue losing viewers before the BBC would consider axing it?

It's not losing viewers at a rate greater than other broadcast television and was the most watched programme in 6 of the 13 weeks it was on air and the most watched BBC One programme in 11 of its 13 weeks (a period which also and unusually included the World Cup). The idea that it is a poor performer is ludicrous.
[-] The following 5 users Like DTV's post:
  • eyeTV, Happy2001, JLav25, Jon, London Lite

(07-01-2023, 04:32 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  
(07-01-2023, 04:11 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  It does beg the question, how long does Strictly have to continue losing viewers before the BBC would consider axing it?

If it goes below 7 Million I presume. It hasn't lost enough viewers for it to be axed on that metric.
These days you could probably halve that and even then it could survive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Happy2001