Issues with Music Videos

Vintage TV has also once shown a video from Top of the Pops (with the graphics at the beginning and end from memory). Looked to be broadcast quality though. Also the same music channel as that Diana Ross video you mentioned.

(04-01-2023, 09:47 AM)Pips2022 Wrote:  I think that Slade performance is from a Dutch TV show. Those fake windows DO look like the original TV-am set but it also slightly reminds me of the basement on No 73

That's right, the video is from a Dutch music show (called Countdown!) in 1983.

Magic are currently playing Dreams by The Corrs. Big thick black bars down the sides and less thicker ones at the top and bottom. Looks awful!

(06-01-2023, 06:56 PM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Magic are currently playing Dreams by The Corrs. Big thick black bars down the sides and less thicker ones at the top and bottom. Looks awful!

Though by the sounds of it, technically correct- being a 4:3 video with a faux-letterbox effect, which is very common with pre-2010s music videos (pre-HD, there didn't seem to be many music videos mastered in 16:9, even those made mostly for the UK market). That's the way I'd personally choose to show these videos even if it does leave a picture floating in the middle of the screen, the letterboxing is an intentional effect that's meant to be there after all. Maybe would be more visually appealing if you filled the side pillars with something, but I certainly feel the original letterboxing should be left intact.