Social Media Gold

(03-03-2024, 04:52 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Is this true? Other sources say it was Melissa Wilkes rather than Susan Tully. Please check.

Actually you're right, Dennis Norden does back announce her as Melissa Wilkes. She, like Tully went on to be in Grange Hill and has done lot of stuff since
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Nobby

In memory of actor Colin Bennett, a YT channel featuring the entire series of his cult LWT mini-doc show Night Shift, plus a little feature on the show itself.

youtube.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • DE88, London Lite, Stooky Bill, stusoldvideo

The Keeping up Appearances short sketch for Comic Relief 1995 has finally surfaced on to the world wide web:

fb.watch 

(10-03-2024, 09:20 PM)JasonB Wrote:  The Keeping up Appearances short sketch for Comic Relief 1995 has finally surfaced on to the world wide web:

fb.watch 

Was that the one that was supposedly an exclusive on one of the US box sets of Keeping up Appearances, and it was never seen in Region 2?

I'm surprised they haven't put that up on the Comic Relief YouTube channel, as they wheeled out the Blind Date special Rowan Atkinson (in character as Mr Bean) did - and that dates from 1993!

(11-03-2024, 09:34 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Was that the one that was supposedly an exclusive on one of the US box sets of Keeping up Appearances, and it was never seen in Region 2?

I'm surprised they haven't put that up on the Comic Relief YouTube channel, as they wheeled out the Blind Date special Rowan Atkinson (in character as Mr Bean) did - and that dates from 1993!

Correct sketch, wrong event. This was actually for Children in Need 1995. You can notice Hyacinth's alarm keypad for her Dusky Pink bespoke alarm system she had installed in the fifth series which was filmed in 1995.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JasonB's post:
  • Spencer

Well you said it was for Comic Relief Smile

But if its for Children in Need that might explain why its never been released for commercial exploitation (in the UK anyway). I think it was the 1993 Dr Who special that has the same strings attached to it, although considering that was heavily panned its probably no great loss.

Dimensions in Time isn't banned from home media release, it's just too expensive.
twitter.com 

The pilot for Big Break - or at least the first minute and a bit - hosted by Mike Reid with referee Len Ganley (subsequently immortalised by Half Man Half Biscuit)

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • DE88

That version isn't only a game show and they won't be snookering you tonight.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • DE88

I'm not a Jim Davidson fan at the best of times, but I really couldn't see Mike Reid carrying that show for over a decade. They really did hit upon something weirdly special when they got Jim and John together.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • DE88