Social Media Gold

I think the reason we ended up with a couple of years of really cheap ITV saturday morning shows was down to ITV paying a fortune for F1 rights, and they cut the Saturday morning budget to help pay for it. So Wow ended after only 4 months despite decent ratings, and we had 2 years of Scratchy & Co, Tricky and Mashed. It took until SM:TV for a bigger scale show to come back (and even then, most of the budget and focus was on CD:UK at first).

The shortened shows due to F1 really were a curse on ITV Saturday mornings in general! I particularly dislike the shortened Chart Shows that were missing the Dance/Indie/Rock charts and were rushed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • TIGHazard

The BBC's election night coverage from 1997 - the sell-thru VHS highlights edit (released a few weeks after the event, it seems)

www.youtube.com 

Think this was the only time a highlights tape was released - though later that year, HTV managed a similar trick by releasing an hour-long edit of their Welsh Assembly referendum night coverage (I need to get around to uploading it myself sometime)

perhaps not strictly pres related but an interesting video all the same - someone's got both halves of the BBC's sound in syncs system and has been playing around with it. he'd also love to get hold of the IBA SIS decoder and the documentation for the BBC/varian system.

www.youtube.com 

he also has a collection of philips test card generators and has other videos going into detail on those.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • Stooky Bill